PDA

View Full Version : Bullet-Time effect from Matrix

michaeldejong
07-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi guys, this one is really simple.

I know Lightwave has a plugin to create the effect made popular in the first Matrix movie, I just cant remember for the life of me what it is called or where it is located.

Ive searched the forums and help files but 'bullet time' doesnt come up with anything related to what im asking.

Thanks! :)

shrox
07-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Timeshift, but it just changes the frame rate, the bullet effect itself is something that shouldn't be too hard to figure out with endomorphs or HVs,

michaeldejong
07-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Hm, sorry for being so vague, I just remember doing a tutorial years ago that used that plugin.

If I have an animation set up, instead of slowing down or pausing different elements, can I use Timeshift to halt everything except the camera and then animate the camera, then resume the animation ?

ShadowMystic
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Hm, sorry for being so vague, I just remember doing a tutorial years ago that used that plugin.

If I have an animation set up, instead of slowing down or pausing different elements, can I use Timeshift to halt everything except the camera and then animate the camera, then resume the animation ?

Its a motion modifier called TimeWarp. Attach it to the camera and adjust the graph by placing keys at the start and end of the freeze to create a flat line.

Nangleator
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Be really careful with TimeWarp. Save the scene under a new name. It's known to break your scene really easily. Very buggy.

If I had to do something like that, I'd try to do it all with the Scene Editor/Dope Track. It would require baking any kind of dynamics I had, though.

BeeVee
07-02-2012, 02:29 PM
And don't forget that in 11 the Bullet dynamics system has something like that built in.

B

shrox
07-02-2012, 03:31 PM
TimeWarp! Yes, I had C.C. Crane radio on the brain.

Areyos Alektor
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
TimeWarp works fine, there's just the fact he doesn't like VPR.

With Motion Blur, you need to enable "DOF / MBLUR Preview" to view it in Open-GL.

To start you must select the camera, go into the "Motion Options" panel then "Add Modifier" and choose "TimeWarp". Click on the "E" for edit (it uses a specific Envelope). For an overview in Open-GL you must click on the "Preview" button (this is an render effect, it can be viewed directly in Layout).

3djock
07-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I have been looking for this same effect.

I noticed when rendering out it does not render the motion blur which is strange not sure what is going on there with timewarp.

3djock
07-06-2012, 09:47 AM
And don't forget that in 11 the Bullet dynamics system has something like that built in.

B
Can you explain further?