PDA

View Full Version : opinions on photoshop cs6 extended vs bodypaint3d painting tools

octopus2000
06-30-2012, 04:47 PM
is photoshop cs6 extended and bodypaint3d r13 the same kind of software? if you buy both of them are you getting the same type of tool?

are there fundamental differences between the painting capabilities of the two?

ShadowMystic
07-01-2012, 01:59 AM
I own cs6 (bought cs5.5 and free upgrade), but do not own bodypaint. I see potential in cs6 but I don't yet have a workflow that incorporates its 3d painting. I played with it but I do not know how to export the UV map correctly. When loading obj it creates a new arbitrary and rather messy map but reads the regular surface names.

I'll be interested in hearing what everyone's opinions are and hopefully getting an idea of what to do.

cresshead
07-01-2012, 05:24 PM
I own cs6 (bought cs5.5 and free upgrade), but do not own bodypaint. I see potential in cs6 but I don't yet have a workflow that incorporates its 3d painting. I played with it but I do not know how to export the UV map correctly. When loading obj it creates a new arbitrary and rather messy map but reads the regular surface names.

I'll be interested in hearing what everyone's opinions are and hopefully getting an idea of what to do.

you should have watched the live stream event yesterday:

Larry Shultz is now presenting online at the San Diego LightWave User's group
that covered uv mapping etc for photoshop and painting a model plus modelling and exporting from Photoshop to lightwave.

I hope that event gets pushed up on video for people who missed it.

gerry_g
07-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Don't think BodyPaint is compatible with any current version of Lightwave which means the kind of GoZ transfer it used to have won't work, perhaps be a good idea to go check it out before you buy, lwo's will import and export but scale is x100 too small also UV import can be odd (no partial uv's allowed program will force you to start from scratch in such situations) and native uv tools are not that hot by comparison with say Modo or even 3D Coat, go try a demo if available.