PDA

View Full Version : CG's VT-Vision Out doesn't work

techtwist
10-27-2003, 12:41 AM
How come CG's Vt-Vision output does not work in a dual monitor setup? The problem is when the CG is put outside of the main VT window, to the other monitor the CG's VT-Vision output or even the VT-Vision itself does not output any video. It would just lock the screen a frame. How do i setup a dual monitor system for VT[3]?

Aegis
10-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Yup - I can confirm this - doesn't show up on any channel (even the DSK) :confused:

SBowie
10-29-2003, 12:31 PM
Ummm, I must be missing something here - is this not what you're referring to?

Aegis
10-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Umm... nope Steve, I'm just missing the obvious *DOH!* :D

techtwist
10-29-2003, 09:36 PM
@Steve

How did you do that? How did you extend the VT[3] Main window to the second monitor (right hand monitor) or is it just a wallpaper? because that's my problem the main window only shows up on the primary monitor. I still have to drag the CG window or any module to the right hand monitor.

Thanks!

Jim_C
10-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Do you have your display set to a single screen to 2560x1024?
Toaster doesn't really work right with dual view 2 monitor set up.

SBowie
10-30-2003, 07:17 AM
How did you do that? How did you extend the VT[3] Main window to the second monitor (right hand monitor) or is it just a wallpaper? because that's my problem the main window only shows up on the primary monitor. I still have to drag the CG window or any module to the right hand monitor.
XP's native dual monitor solution gets in the way of nVidia's own, which is what the VT relies on for it's extended desktop. You have to disable the XP dual support before the nView options become available.

If the Windows>Display>Settings tab shows two monitors, right-click on the right-hand one and disable it using the menu (set it show as not "attached".) It will ghost out.

Then, click Advanced at the bottom, and proceed to use the nVidia control panel options to set up horizontal spanning. (Occasionally you may need to reboot before the nView options are visible after disabling the second Windows monitor.)

eon5
10-30-2003, 05:04 PM
how i can use the CGtitles like DSK over video ?

i try and try and try, but can see any title :(

(CGtitles is selected in the switcher dsk option)

SBowie
10-31-2003, 07:19 AM
Have you got "Out to Switcher" turned on at the bottom of the CG panel?

eon5
10-31-2003, 10:51 PM
yep... i duno what happend

sometimes work... sometime doesnt

:confused:

techtwist
11-10-2003, 12:17 AM
@SBowie
still, can't get it work that way. here is my workstation below:

HP XW8000
Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
1.5GB DDR RAM
NVidia Quadro4, 64mb AGP
80GB HDD, 7200rpm
Integrated Dual Channel U320 SCSI Controller
WinXP, SP1a, DX9.0

do you think my video card is capable of doing that?

Jim_C
11-10-2003, 03:50 AM
tech twist,
try this...

If the card is a dual head, this is easy, if its a single and also using onboard vid or another card, not sure how it works..
however if dual head
rt click desktop, choose properties
click settings, then advanced,
then click the tab corresponding to your card.
Box should slide out the side .
Select horizontal span from one of the options in the slide out box.
Click ok, and close box.
Back at properties/settings box, make sure the second monitor is disabled, highlght it and uncheck Spread my windows...
now highlight the first monitor and drag the screen resolution to 2560x1024. Click ok, apply etc.

should be done.
basically you have to set both monitors up as one big one.
Make sure that Nview option is turned OFF.