PDA

View Full Version : Bullet and timing :help:

jeremydk
06-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi

I am to begin an animation where stuff is going to be blown
away/destroyed by strong winds.

My problem is that i just can't get my fractured bullet enabled objects
to be affected by the wind FX at all. Nothing happens.
I have several fractured objects that has to be hit by individual winds
so i can't use bullet's world settings for.ex.
If i can do this i can also time the events.
(the objects and bullets work fine)

also, i can't animate an object that is bullet enabled.
For.ex i have this bus-shed that i need to shake before it disintergrates/fracture.

In the bullet window theres is no timing features.i really need some envelopes here. What do others do ?

any good tips or links to tuts are very welcome.

regard
Jeremy

jeremydk
07-01-2012, 09:57 AM
fyi , i also tried with hardFX and WindFX on a fractured object but with direction wind i don't really get any useful result. Even with extreme windspeed nothing happens. Though it seems like there is
some kind of interaction. I just can't make stuff blow away.

another question is this:
When i have had an object bullet/dynamics activated it freezes. When i deactivate dynamics i can't move the object. The handles are not moving but i can see the numbers (HBP-XYZ) are changing. How can i "unfreeze" it ?

thanks

3DGFXStudios
07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
All the FX dynamics don't have anything to do with the Bullet engine. The Bullet engine is a totally different engine which for now doesn't have any option for winds and forces etc.

If you want to move an object which is fractured and it has a lot of parts you can turn the dynamics of temporary...

jeremydk
07-01-2012, 11:35 AM
All the FX dynamics don't have anything to do with the Bullet engine. The Bullet engine is a totally different engine which for now doesn't have any option for winds and forces etc.

If you want to move an object which is fractured and it has a lot of parts you can turn the dynamics of temporary...

Two different engines, i feared as much. The FX alone would also be fine if it worked.
Even if turn of dynamics i still can't see the movement/rotation of the object
eventhough i know it is moving because of the changing XYZ-HPB values.
Could it be some OpenGL issue perhaps ?

So as i understand Bullet is only usable if you have something falling down at frame 0 ;)

jeremydk
07-02-2012, 01:38 AM
well, the biggest issue is that i cannot see movement/rotation of any object that
has been Bullet enabled. Even if i turn of dynamics for the object or the whole Bullet system. As i said. The XYZ-HPB values change but the object is just not moving on the screen.

any ideas ?