PDA

View Full Version : House of Lies, I mean Fear shuts down...Want to buy a 'film studio' in Cornwall?

shrox
06-28-2012, 04:33 PM
One careful owner. Barely used.

http://british-horror-revival.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/want-to-buy-film-studio.html

mikala
06-28-2012, 04:57 PM
What a pig trough.....

shrox
06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
What a pig trough.....

Yes, I have first hand experience there...such a loss.

T-Light
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
£350,000?
Perhaps I'm out of the loop but that seems quite cheap.

mikala
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Walking in there must have made you say to yourself..."Snuff film much?"
Glad the place is gone but as the person said "He is surely bound to reemerge at a new location pumping out more....."

shrox
06-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Walking in there must have made you say to yourself..."Snuff film much?"
Glad the place is gone but as the person said "He is surely bound to reemerge at a new location pumping out more....."

Oh well, he has nowhere to go but up...

mikala
06-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Nah..there's always sideways!

IgnusFast
06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Sorry, I'm a hobbiest, not a pro. Why is this relevant? (serious question)

shrox
06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Sorry, I'm a hobbiest, not a pro. Why is this relevant? (serious question)

He ran a rather shady operation, from the pictures apparently all the 3D artists have been rescued and freed.

biliousfrog
06-29-2012, 08:42 AM
£350,000?
Perhaps I'm out of the loop but that seems quite cheap.

Cornwall is generally quite a cheap place to live unless you're near a tourist area. It also looks very run-down although there's quite a lot of land there by the looks of it.

gerry_g
06-29-2012, 09:19 AM
There was a documentary film maker lived near me in the eighties, could never figure out how he came to live in such a big house and finance all those projects, when the police did a dawn raid and took away vast quantities of drugs I realised, we Brits are very resourceful film makers I'm quite sure he'll be back

shrox
06-29-2012, 11:26 AM
There was a documentary film maker lived near me in the eighties, could never figure out how he came to live in such a big house and finance all those projects, when the police did a dawn raid and took away vast quantities of drugs I realised, we Brits are very resourceful film makers I'm quite sure he'll be back

Oh well, it's water under the refrigerator for me, I wouldn't mind owning that place, I could bring years of jobs to the local people just from cleaning up the place.

erikals
06-29-2012, 11:49 AM

http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/biggrin.gif... Wow...!
"nothing to see here, move along..." :°

 

Qexit
07-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Sorry, I'm a hobbiest, not a pro. Why is this relevant? (serious question)I had dealings with Mr Driscoll ten years ago when he was operating as Lords of Illusion. Lightwave was the 3D software of choice there at the time. I wont go into the details. Suffice to say, the relevance of this thread is to let people know he is still around and to warn people who are tempted to accept an offer of work at one of his future endeavours to run away...very, very quickly :D

shrox
07-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I had dealings with Mr Driscoll ten years ago when he was operating as Lords of Illusion. Lightwave was the 3D software of choice there at the time. I wont go into the details. Suffice to say, the relevance of this thread is to let people know he is still around and to warn people who are tempted to accept an offer of work at one of his future endeavours to run away...very, very quickly :D

ĦAy, caramba!