PDA

View Full Version : Melting Dongle

sublimationman
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Well, after trying like crazy to find an acrid smell in my office today I found out it was my older Rainbow Duo (purple) dongle melting away.

I already sent an email off to support but just wondering what I should expect to need to do. Will it be replaced for free? Do I need to return it first or will they do an advanced replacement?

Once I get it, will I need to get a new license?

Thanks!

sublimationman
06-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Forgot to mention it's still works but I am not about to leave it plugged in.

nickdigital
06-27-2012, 08:23 PM
I already sent an email off to support but just wondering what I should expect to need to do. Will it be replaced for free? Do I need to return it first or will they do an advanced replacement?

Once I get it, will I need to get a new license?

You'll need to send your current dongle to them. There's a minimal processing fee involved. You'll need to generate a new license as well. If you have any 3rd party plugins that are tied to your current dongle you'll need to reach out to them to get a new license. Providing proof of dongle transfer is usually required.

sublimationman
06-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Thanks.

No dongle related plug ins.

sandman300
06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
When my dongle cracked (it still worked but looked to be threatening to die at any time) I called up CS and they had a new one cross shipped to me. All I had to pay for was the return shipping.

mikala
06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
One of my dongles is still going after having a mishap while on set with me.
A dogtag type chain looped around it came in contact with some DC current and proceeded to melt it's way (the chain) through.
Tough little beggar plugged in and ...voila! Worked and is still working 2 years later!

sublimationman
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
When my dongle cracked (it still worked but looked to be threatening to die at any time) I called up CS and they had a new one cross shipped to me. All I had to pay for was the return shipping.

This is what I am hoping for.

Did not hear back from support yet though. I just tried calling but guess they are already closed for the day.