PDA

View Full Version : Interface Improvements - Matt required here

silviotoledo
06-27-2012, 06:05 PM
When we deal with several objects and several bones sometimes it's too hard to use the lightwave panels. See image attached.

Why don't keep an unified panel? Like Scene Editor one?

With only 2 characters at scene and 100 bones, the task is hard.
Let's say I'm going to PARENT an element. The tree is soo big and difficult to find something. I can't collapse or expand itens. I can't search. The way the tree is shown is difficult to find what I want. If the same SCENE EDITOR or partially panel is called it would make our life easier.

Another thing I thing it's too usefull is the hability to INK the lines like in Project Messiah. Please add it! It helps a lot to organize things.

Do the community agree?

geo_n
06-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Interface improvement. Make scene editor able to scale like lw 9.6.
In lw 9.6 you can make it narrower.

dulo
06-28-2012, 02:07 AM
When we deal with several objects and several bones sometimes it's too hard to use the lightwave panels. See image attached.

Why don't keep an unified panel? Like Scene Editor one?

With only 2 characters at scene and 100 bones, the task is hard.
Let's say I'm going to PARENT an element. The tree is soo big and difficult to find something. I can't collapse or expand itens. I can't search. The way the tree is shown is difficult to find what I want. If the same SCENE EDITOR or partially panel is called it would make our life easier.

Another thing I thing it's too usefull is the hability to INK the lines like in Project Messiah. Please add it! It helps a lot to organize things.

Do the community agree?

Those Dropdown boxes are really annoying. In scenes with over 1000 objects ( nearly all of my last few scenes ) it makes simple tasks tedious. You need hours for tasks which should need minutes. I vote for one good designed dropdown box with search and hierarchy everywhere ( nodes, object properties, plugins, .. )

Snosrap
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Apparently Matt is working on LW12.:D

silviotoledo
07-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Hope he will take a look at this on LW 12 :).

Now I'm working on a scene with 16 characters with 36 bones each. The tree is going crazy!

shrox
07-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Colorize to organize, I like that.

littlewaves
07-04-2012, 08:59 AM
well we already do have the option to colorise the icons of course but I guess the option of colourising the whole line would make it clearer.