PDA

View Full Version : 3D World needs you

djwaterman
06-27-2012, 09:42 AM
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?32428-3D-World-needs-you!&p=284791#post284791

Darth Mole
06-28-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm doing a little Q&A on LW's instancing - and I'm happy to do the video tutorials if anyone has any bright ideas on tips and techniques to show off. Always good to keep the LW light burning in the mag!

gerardstrada
06-28-2012, 02:30 AM
That's curious because a friend sent them a suggestion about an innovative LightWave workflow, never seen in any other 3D package, which offers outstanding rendering results even in simple scenes ...and they seem not be interested.

Gerardo

littlewaves
06-28-2012, 03:58 AM
Newtek should be all over this. A great opportunity to raise LW's profile in a mag which generally has very sparse coverage for LW

Danner
06-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Gerardo
Will this "innovative Lightwave workflow" see the light of day if it's not picked up by a magazine article?

Darth Mole
06-28-2012, 05:32 AM
Hey Gerardo - let me know about this and I will push it for them. I do work for the mag from time to time (I know the team and the mag quite well!). Feel free to PM me.

lardbros
06-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Yay... more LW in 3D World! :)

As far as I see it, it's only down to the cool people doing the amazing work using LW are just too busy to post anything to the magazine. There is some seriously cool stuff being made using it, but it's never advertised as such :(

Newtek need to be all over this like a tramp (hobo) on chips!

Thanks Steve for pushing Gerardo and his mates idea to the guys at 3d World! Fingers crossed we'll see it. It seems that 3D World has become a lot less LightWavey since you left.

Darth Mole
06-28-2012, 06:01 AM
Well it's also down to the community - if no-one requests LW Q&As, or suggests LW tutorials, or writes in letters about LW, the team just figure no-one uses it. We know that's not true, but they have to go where the interest is. And I'm happy to fly the LW flag but I'm hardly a power user (although I did just do a nice animation for a promo video - I'll post a link when it's available).

littlewaves
06-28-2012, 06:23 AM
3D World is a UK mag as far as I know and I've always got the impression that LW is used far less in the UK than it is in the US. (particularly in the TV industry)

I see very few LW jobs advertised here. Mostly Max and C4D

perhaps a bit more coverage in 3DW mag could start a shift in that.

Tobian
06-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Well I don't know what your friend suggested Gerrardo, but I have had them come and ask me for tips tricks and tutorials several times. My article on using paint chips and mixing surface shading is in the current article. It's not every month but they do ask for it!

pariahrob
06-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi all, I'm the technical editor at 3DW and have been a LW user for quite some time. I'm all for seeing more in the mag, as long as it stays balanced with the other apps.

That being said if you see something mind-blowing then let me know. PM me or email me at rob.redman at future net.com and if it's outstanding then I will find a space for it.

3DW is made in the Uk but we have a worldwide readership. If I can strike a better balance for all our readers I will. Just let me know what you want more of. Just saying more LW doesn't help. Keep in mind that all user groups are vying for more coverage of there apps of choice and we only have limited space.

I'm going to watch my inbox now and wait for all the tutorial requests and links to amazing art!

Cheers

Rob

p.s If you want to write let me know. Take some of the strain from Tobian!

TalleyJC
06-28-2012, 11:33 AM
I think if you search the various forums, most LW users agree that 3dw is biased toward the Autodesk Empire. I cancelled my subscription because there wasn't enough content to justify the price. I look it over in a bookstore, and if there's something I can use I'll buy the mag - this is usually a technique I have to convert from some other package.

Rob mentions that all apps request more space in the mag, but if you cut back some of the crushingly overwhelming Maya and Max stuff - there would be plenty of space.

I've seen more poser coverage than LW. Anytime I have brought this up in the past I usually get yelled at.

I have toyed with the idea of taking all of my past issues and going page by page to prove the complete lack of LW coverage but generally feel it would be pointless.

http://forums.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=1246319&postcount=45
http://forums.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=1246180&postcount=24
http://forums.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=1246182&postcount=25

I could go look for more, but you know...

Darth Mole
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Okay, I actually edited the magazine and we were not biased. Truth is Autodesk owns and sells the two biggest apps for CG: maya is huge in character animation and 3ds max is just huge all over. We endeavoured to cover as many of the other apps as possible, but we have to go where the customers are. Magazines aren't a charitable organisation. See it as bias if you like; I prefer pragmatism.

Oh and in my short tenure on the mag I got more money out of Luxology, AMD and Adobe than I ever did out of Autodesk.

So you can count up the LW coverage; of course it will be less. It's not called 'LW World'. Oh and in the first mag I did I secured a really cool, exclusive tutorial for non-photorealistic rendering in LW. And how much feedback did I get? None. So why should we cover an app that no-one seems to care about?

Honestly, I loved the mag but it was a largely thankless task.

Tobian
06-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Well I personally thank you for issue 128 :D

TalleyJC
06-28-2012, 01:51 PM
If you want to call it pragmatism that's fine, but let's dispense with the notion of "balance" then shall we?

In this forum you can see many hundreds of users who not only care about lightwave but are deeply passionate about it. I agree with the sentiment expressed by the other users that posted that any lightwave coverage is something weak like how to make a sphere.

Looking at the galleries here, you probably don't see a lot of non-photoreal work. So I'm not surprised you didn't get feedback. Think of LW's roots in TV and Film - The Emmy's its won. Spheres and non-photoreal things are not what most LW people are interested in.

Where you might see it as an app that nobody cares about, I see it as an untapped subscription base that is unrecognized by the magazine.

This truly is a chicken and the egg argument. LW users don't look at 3dworld because it doesn't cover lw. And 3dw doesn't cover LW because LW users don't read 3dw much.

There were plenty of LW's advancements either Natively or by 3rd Party ( Like the work of Denis P or Steve W. ) that never had the smallest blip on the 3DW radar.

You are right it's not LW World... It is much closer to 3d(s Max) world... interestingly a joke I've used for many years now.

If you are going to use the moniker of "3d" which implies covering all things 3d, then let's cover all things 3d. 15 pages of a max tutorial against a quick tip on lightwave because Autodesk is perceived gigantic and LW isn't doesn't seem balanced.

If it was 3DS World, It would make a bit more sense.

Don't worry .....Its OK.... LW users have accepted we are the red headed bastard step children and we share and learn from each other on forums like this and sites like Liberty3d. We will spend our time and money here instead after all that's only practical.

DigitalSorcery8
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
If you want to call it pragmatism that's fine, but let's dispense with the notion of "balance" then shall we?
:agree: I have a subscription to 3D World and have continued it for years, but the lack of LW tutorials and coverage of great LW plugins oftentimes irks me. TalleyJC is right, balanced is most certainly NOT the right word to be used - 3D World IS biased towards AutoDesk and it is more than obvious. I can understand pragmatic, but please don't try to sell us "balanced" when it's clear the reverse is true.

Darth Mole
06-28-2012, 02:53 PM
I never said it was balanced. I don't think it can be. There are at least a dozen major apps to cover in the mag - then another 20 interesting ones. Not to mention plug-ins etc. You simply cannot please everyone - the only letters I ever got was of the 'please put more of app x in the mag'. And yes, I even got these letters from 3ds Max and Maya users.

You should have a go at running a title like this before criticising. I can assure you it was the hardest mag I ever did - and I've done dozens. But, hey, I don't edit it any more; it's somebody else's problem now.

djwaterman
06-28-2012, 03:01 PM
The main reason I posted this link was to alert users to the open door policy that the mag is currently offering. I'm hoping that uber users out there consider any really impressive or cool techniques that they could wrap up into a nice looking content package. It has to be really good stuff to get into the mag so be real. If we want to see more LW in 3DWorld, this is an opportunity to make it so.

OnlineRender
06-28-2012, 03:04 PM
ah stop the moaning and Pm ROB with a decent tutorial idea ... there is a ton of quality artists here with stunning work.

lardbros
06-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Trouble is with this place is people moan, but now guys who work for the mag are offering an opportunity to reveal some amazing LW work of theirs, or send some cool tutorials in, and the ones who moan the most, won't send anything in.

I love LW, but also use 3ds max at work... and have subscribed to 3d World since issue #1... so have seen the way it's always been. When it began Newtek had their own special articles in there, which were basically extracts from the Newtek Europe website, but they were great. An article on the VERY impressive film rendered in Modo, but animated in LightWave, would be really nice.

The film is called RUIN, and can be found here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1UsCXg9-Fk

Cageman
06-29-2012, 04:40 AM
I honestly do not think it is bias... the mag reflects the reality of 3D-business as it is... and this includes the fact that there aren't enough good LW-artists that also has time to contribute to a mag, or even interrest doing so.

I think that you guys who feels 3D World is biased and moan here... spend your energy on making good tutorials for the mag to showoff LW instead...

:)

lardbros
06-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Yep, exactly... I am certain that the people who produce the best work simply don't have time to post stuff either here or in a magazine. If I moaned about it, I would try and make something cool in LW, but unfortunately all my stuff is 3ds max and under NDA so cannot divulge.

I would like to write some tutorials though, so if anyone has any LW related questions, or ideas, I'd like to write some. I'm working on nodal texturing of a planet earth which will change textures from day to night based on Light-incidence, which is relatively simple, but could be interesting for a tutorial!?

wesleycorgi
06-29-2012, 06:35 AM
It would be great to see a tute based on some of the Iron Sky techniques used. Or even anything by Zoic (they always seem to push LW to new frontiers). A Rob Powers-style virtual production tute using the Move would be cool. I think it would be awesome if they had anything by Rebel Hill or Lino with regards to rigging. With Daz offering up their tools for free, an article on a Daz/FBX to LW workflow would also be helpful.

With regards to bias on other products, I get tired of looking at stuff that is everything but LW. Then again, it's probably because there isn't a lot being contributed to the mag from the LW community in the past few years.

Two years ago, I made an article suggestion on linear color space on the 3DW web site. As a subscriber who hadn't seen anything LW for several issues, I wasn't expecting to see anything. But a couple of months later, there was an article on linear (it was probably already in the works, but I'm still glad they ran the piece).

gerardstrada
06-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Gerardo
Will this "innovative Lightwave workflow" see the light of day if it's not picked up by a magazine article?
Well, I write articles and tutorials just for fun in my spare time, so yes, eventually the article might be wrote for any magazine, website, wiki or forum :)

Hey Gerardo - let me know about this and I will push it for them. I do work for the mag from time to time (I know the team and the mag quite well!). Feel free to PM me.
Darth Mole, thank you! don't want to force anything - maybe the idea is not so interesting after all.

Let's see:

The topic is about "The States of the Image" and some LightWave workflows to work in real scene-referred spaces. This is a simple example (of course it's just a quick test for comprehensive purposes only):

http://s15.postimage.org/crawrpa2z/SR_OR_Comparison.jpg

It's a very basic scene where all optical effects have been avoided. All aspects are the same in both cases - worked in linear light (with linear workflow), with physically-correct shaders, real lighting values with inverse square falloff, etc. The only difference is that one has been worked in output-referred space (as the majority of people work), and the other one has been worked in a real scene-referred space. Both images are straight from LightWave.

We can see that we can reach more saturated colors without breaking the energy-conserving and reciprocity laws, thanks to this, the spreading of light and shading are also more realistic (i.e.: compare the floor), shadows saturation is also more realistic (instead of the desaturated result with the common way of working), there's a more pleasant tone-reproduction curve, a single bounce light is also stronger, etc, etc.

Moreover, since we are working with color ranges more near to real colors (not in the limited sRGB range), instead of rendering a transformation directly to a monitor, we are able to reproduce a more realistic and consistent color appearance to any other image device or output medium (laser projections, film, print, TV, video, etc) which is a nice advantage for seamless and easier CG integrations.

Ah! We can also work according to the ACES color space now, which LightWave could integrate natively.

But maybe it's not so interesting...

Gerardo

djwaterman
06-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Totally interesting. I'd like to see more on that for sure.

djwaterman
06-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Is this another way of describing hdr images, tone mapping ect or a different thing all together? You have my attention.

Wolvy_UK
06-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Did' nt HDRI magazine have some Lightwave tutorials in it ?

Now that it seems to have disappeared could' nt 3D World mag just get in contact with them and make some tutorials for Lightwave ?

William Vaughan used to do articles for it, so get in contact with him and the other lightwave artists who contributed and problem solved.

I have all the back issues, but I can' t remember what tutorials have already gone so I would' nt want to make suggestions in case of repeating the same tutorials.

lardbros
06-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah, William... Gerardo Estrada, there were a few others but these were impressive articles. Although remember one about creating the Canadian flag purely with nodes and no image files... Tricky stuff, but was quite an eye opener to people who don't use nodes that much

djwaterman
06-30-2012, 09:52 PM
But it's not about 3DWorld contacting anyone, they have enough to do. You really have to have something prepared that's impressive, interesting and useful, with nice images to get the point across, and contact them with the proposal. Don't make it hard for them.

Dexter2999
06-30-2012, 11:47 PM
I'd like someone to do a "Lightwave for Newbs" article with just a bunch of FAQ stuff like;
Why you want to render to image sequences and not Quicktimes
How to do a wire frame 360 of your model
Where did my menus go? ALT-F2
etc...

Or as mentioned in another thread, Compositing in Photoshop and AE (including transparency pass which seems to be lacking from some otherwise outstanding tutorials)

By the way, great series with the Disney 12 Principles in the Tutorial section...FREE, so go get it if you haven't!

gerardstrada
07-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Is this another way of describing hdr images, tone mapping ect or a different thing all together? You have my attention.

It's about dealing correctly with the generation/capture of real colors and lighting levels within the limited characteristics of our image devices. These workflows pass through the whole production pipeline.

Knowing how to deal with the states of the input and output images allows us to get - more easily - realistic results when working with physically-correct shaders and real lighting conditions, integrate more seamlessly CG elements with background plates and reproduce the real color flow that takes place within a real production pipeline, so that we can re-compose/reproduce a given final color appearance according to any output medium.

i.e. For our simple scene:

http://s11.postimage.org/qcbkbkmdf/snoopy_S_R.jpg

This would be the image according to a camera negative film (log):

http://s17.postimage.org/8ksrx2zcf/snoopy_Log.jpg

This, color rendered to print film:

http://s18.postimage.org/as1duzsg9/snoopy_colorfilm.jpg

Notice we are able to have these accurate representations within LightWave, we are not in an external compositing package or using any expensive Color Management Module.

We can also color grade within LightWave:

http://s13.postimage.org/edp3g3ohz/snoopy_cg.jpg

or generate a DI-proxy and have a pretty near representation - right away when the image is generated - of what we are going to get in the final stage of the process.

I designed some of these workflows back in 2007/2008 when writing articles about linear workflows. Linear workflow has got native tools, but for some reason, these workflows haven't - tools for this are sub-optimal in any 3D package. Fortunately LightWave users are able to implement these workflows with free tools, and even work according to the unreleased ACES color space :)

But it's not about 3DWorld contacting anyone, they have enough to do. You really have to have something prepared that's impressive, interesting and useful, with nice images to get the point across, and contact them with the proposal. Don't make it hard for them.
Well, once a collaborator has contact them, the balloon is in their field. Contact was exactly a month ago through a friend who have collaborated with them, sent them the same simple sample scene that I'm showing here like in my previous post (just with another model that I have not permission to show publicly) and using the same standard technical terms - but they haven't yet responded - no thanks - at least, or even haven't made any question, like you are doing here.

Gerardo

Titus
07-01-2012, 07:52 AM
I've contacted 3d World several years ago, and they were very interested in a couple of articles from a list of 10 ideas presented by me. So they are clearly open to accept LW material. Why they choose one article from another? that's just an editorial decision.

Now, I'm not updated to the current LW as should be (half of my time has been spent in the production part of the business, searching co-production money, bidding, etc.), haven't the opportunity to test LW11. So more LW tutorials are welcome.

gerardstrada
07-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Good to know you got at least a response back then... :)

Gerardo

djwaterman
07-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I designed some of these workflows back in 2007/2008 when writing articles about linear workflows. Linear workflow has got native tools, but for some reason, these workflows haven't - tools for this are sub-optimal in any 3D package. Fortunately LightWave users are able to implement these workflows with free tools, and even work according to the unreleased ACES color space :) Gerardo

Any way we can see those articles? Forget 3DWorld for the moment, this workflow information seems like something we need explained better, if you or your colleague could do a paper on it or something that would be excellent. Perhaps 3DWorld didn't find it eye catching enough, who knows, but we who use LW would be very interested. I for one don't think I'm getting the best out of the render output options and would like to know better or best practice.

lardbros
07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
It could even be too high-level for 3dWorld... it's beyond me to be honest, but interesting if it was explained in simpler terms, along with the workflow.

gerardstrada
07-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Well, magazine is discontinued but I'm planning upgrading those workflows in a new article. And yes, it's a topic like the linear workflow, some background knowledge is necessary. first I have to cover the concepts of the states of the image (scene/input-referred/output-referred) and then, the workflows for full CG work and CG integrations. The article would be addressed to the CG professionals/small-medium studios and there are several approaches.

I think you are right about the image. It's just a sample where the idea was to show the outstanding difference even in a very simple scene, eye-catching was not the purpose at an initial idea stage but rather the concept.

Btw, this thread (http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1318524334/15#15) might help with some terms.

Thanks guys you for your interest,

Gerardo

OnlineRender
07-07-2012, 07:58 PM
was bored thinking of ideas for a tutorial .. it probably wont get picked up , however i may make it for lightwiki , its easy peasy and quick to do with bullet.

C&C as expected ...

http://www.lightwiki.net/images/newtek/smallfinished.png

ps in no way is this affiliated with 3DWorld or future publishing , like i said "Bored "

gerardstrada
07-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Interesting fluid effect...

Gerardo

OnlineRender
07-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Interesting fluid effect...

Gerardo

Magic Bevel FTW

lardbros
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
was bored thinking of ideas for a tutorial .. it probably wont get picked up , however i may make it for lightwiki , its easy peasy and quick to do with bullet.

C&C as expected ...

http://www.lightwiki.net/images/newtek/smallfinished.png

ps in no way is this affiliated with 3DWorld or future publishing , like i said "Bored "

I like that... nice and strong image! Good work! :)

erikals
08-13-2012, 07:44 AM
 
Looks interesting Gerardo... ! http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

maybe a bit advanced, could be why 3DWorld sat on the fence...

 

Julez4001
08-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Gerado needs his own website and videos.

The Lightwiki multipass from HDRI3d magazine was a great idea but Gerado needs a complete cradle-to-grave process with him either using NUKE or After Effect to discuss the compositing side of it.

Julez4001
08-13-2012, 09:11 AM
http://s11.postimage.org/qcbkbkmdf/snoopy_s_r.jpg

this would be the image according to a camera negative film (log):

well, once a collaborator has contact them, the balloon is in their field. Contact was exactly a month ago through a friend who have collaborated with them, sent them the same simple sample scene that i'm showing here like in my previous post (just with another model that i have not permission to show publicly) and using the same standard technical terms - but they haven't yet responded - no thanks - at least, or even haven't made any question, like you are doing here.

Gerardo
put this in lightwave magazine #2

erikals
08-13-2012, 09:14 AM
+1

MAUROCOR
08-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Gerardo, I donīt buy 3DWorld Magazine. And I am sure a lot of people here donīt do it too. So why donīt you create a thread here in the Lightwave community and share this? I would appreciate a lot!

gerardstrada
08-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Erikals, Thanks, Guess you are right. These aspects have been overlooked by all 3d packages (even in the physically-correct ones this is not correctly implemented).

Julez, thanks man, there's already someone interested into publishing the article, but no door is closed :)

Maurocor, thank you for your interest. There's more people involved in the article - each one on its own - and a magazine or website is more interesting. Right now, third-party tools used within LW are all free, but in my current implementation, third-party tools used in pre-processing and post-processing are commercial, so what I'm doing now is re-designing the workflows with 100% free tools. That's the tricky part, but guess more people will appreciate.

Gerardo

geo_n
08-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Gerardo, I donīt buy 3DWorld Magazine. And I am sure a lot of people here donīt do it too. So why donīt you create a thread here in the Lightwave community and share this? I would appreciate a lot!

3Dworld pays for tutorials and articles. 600USD according to Phil Nolan for his 5 page 3dcoat tutorial. That's good money for writing.
If we want to see new techniques, tutorials should probably not expect top artists to share their time, r and d, hardwork for free all the time. Bryph probably didn't get much donation for his youtube channel and probably wasn't worth sharing his knowledge. Too bad.

lardbros
08-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Good work Gerardo! Thanks for re-working your process for the free plugins! Will look forward to reading the article wherever it ends up being published!

MAUROCOR
08-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Erikals, Thanks, Guess you are right. These aspects have been overlooked by all 3d packages (even in the physically-correct ones this is not correctly implemented).

Julez, thanks man, there's already someone interested into publishing the article, but no door is closed :)

Maurocor, thank you for your interest. There's more people involved in the article - each one on its own - and a magazine or website is more interesting. Right now, third-party tools used within LW are all free, but in my current implementation, third-party tools used in pre-processing and post-processing are commercial, so what I'm doing now is re-designing the workflows with 100% free tools. That's the tricky part, but guess more people will appreciate.

Gerardo

Re-design workflow with 100% free tools is great, Gerardo, I really appreciate that.
And please, post here in LW forum announcing when the article is in 3DWorld. May some of us living out of the EUA can get the magazine.

ianr
08-16-2012, 07:23 AM
Just so you know,
Neil Mc has done a lovely tute on a floating air-city in 3DArtist(3 pager)
Lovely work, and nice presentation.(LW11)

Steve J has done a 1 pager on instancing Rocks on Crater Landscape in
3DWorld.(LW11)

khan973
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Gerardo, your tuts are High level tuts I'm looking for and really improved when I read your article on HDRI or in this forum woth the Pontonnier Nodes.
I'm looking forward to read anything you can write & share!!!

lardbros
08-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Ooh... don't normally buy 3dArtist, but might this month... work gets a subscription, but thanks for the pointer!

I love Neil's work!

Darksuit
08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
having been a reader, since issue 8. I can post a ss later when I get home. I would also like to thank you guys for putting out a wonderful mag through out the years. I may not have the time to write in and say thanks, but I do pick up a copy every month.

I will see what I can do about writing up a good tutorial or two.

Philbert
08-19-2012, 04:00 AM
3Dworld pays for tutorials and articles. 600USD according to Phil Nolan for his 5 page 3dcoat tutorial. That's good money for writing.

Don't take that amount as absolute please of course. That's what I recall getting over a year ago, you might get more or less. Of course no matter what, you also get your name out there and get something new for your resume.

erikals
08-21-2012, 07:45 AM
 

Gerardo, wondering, would it be possible for you to elaborate a bit more on this earlier technique you mentioned using a Denoiser trick from DPont?

- Other solution for deformed/animated objects that I'll share in an incoming HDRI3D article is to take profit of DP_FNEs and own LW's GI (solved with very few rays with no interpolation) by filtering the result with a special DP Denoiser node setup. This quick test (from NT Creature Content courtesy of Lino Grandi) was solved with Interpolated GI (only 8 rays per evaluation and 16 secondary bounce rays - 2 bounces):

http://imagic.ddgenvivo.tv/forums/FNE/Denoiser/interpolated.gif

This was solved with the same number of rays, with no interpolation and with DP_FNEs
http://imagic.ddgenvivo.tv/forums/FNE/Denoiser/GIFNE.gif

Not only rendertime was faster but also notice how Interpolated handle shading definition
http://imagic.ddgenvivo.tv/forums/FNE/Denoiser/Compnoise2.gif

And how the DP denoiser setup keeps textures sharp and handle better the shading definition
http://imagic.ddgenvivo.tv/forums/FNE/Denoiser/Compnoise1.gif

These solutions don't work in all the cases but can help from time to time

Gerardo

jeric_synergy
08-21-2012, 08:43 AM
It would be great to see a tute based on some of the Iron Sky techniques used.
I'm reasonably sure entire DVDs will be available on Iron Sky techniques from Liberty3d (http://liberty3d.com).

Philbert
08-24-2012, 02:10 PM
3Dworld pays for tutorials and articles. 600USD according to Phil Nolan for his 5 page 3dcoat tutorial

Don't take that amount as absolute please of course. That's what I recall getting over a year ago, you might get more or less. Of course no matter what, you also get your name out there and get something new for your resume.

Looks like I need to clarify again as I discovered my commission was 600 pounds, not USD. So in USD that's roughly $950. Though also be aware, my US bank (credit union) had a $25 fee for the wire transfer. There is a bit of work though, it's not just like writing for a web site, there's formatting that has to be followed, extra bits like call outs, and of course recording the video.