PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave render - Terra Nova Dinosaurs

erikals
06-26-2012, 07:27 PM
 
just some highlights...
http://youtu.be/IZlwy_9cM0o

 

DigitalSorcery8
06-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Well... I honestly don't give a crap what anyone says, those are GREAT renders and I wish the show had continued.

Kudos to the LW team responsible for those effects!

shrox
06-26-2012, 10:22 PM
They all look great when done in Lightwave.

rcallicotte
06-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks. I love this sort of stuff!

jeric_synergy
06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't think people generally were finding fault with the effects-- I heard the writing was lacking.

sublimationman
06-27-2012, 07:44 PM
The effects were great but without great writing as well it was doomed.

DigitalSorcery8
06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
My wife and I enjoyed Terranova as it was intended - family entertainment. It was not meant to be deep, sophisticated entertainment. It was meant for the average working slobs that watch TV. More often than not you're not going to get great sci-fi in an hour TV show. I loved Babylon5 but there are people who trash it as crappy sci-fi. The same with any of the Star Trek series. If you get really good sci-fi in an hour series, chances are it wouldn't last long anyway since most people wouldn't "get it" and tune out. Firefly anyone? I'm surprised to see Falling Skies back for a second season.

And before someone again comments on the writing... it definitely started out slow, but as the series progressed it got better. We also enjoyed the characters AND the actors. And I know five other families that watched it and really enjoyed it as we did - it really was great FAMILY entertainment. It was certainly better than ANY reality show!

Sorry to see it go.

joelaff
06-27-2012, 08:12 PM
The renders are OK. The compositing needs some work in most of the shots.

The show was kinda fun while it lasted. It was very predictable, though. But I just like Sci-Fi. I will watch less-than-excellent sci-fi and like it. Sadly, there is not enough truly great sci-fi...

cosbovfx
06-27-2012, 08:29 PM
I would love to have those shots my Reel. I sure most have already read this article, but I figured I would post it for those who have not. http://www.fxguide.com/featured/dino-sized-effects-in-terra-nova/