PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tool similar to Photoshop's Actions

Ma3rk
06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm looking for a utility (primarily for Modeler) that would be similar to Photoshop's Actions.

In other words, something that would record a series of operations or give you a list grid where you could select sequential functions, then either retain last used or allow you to pause in order to set parameters, and then execute them. You could then save that set of tasks and execute them on other objects, etc.

The User Commands function doesn't really do this from what I could tell in that you can't string commands together.

I searched here for something like this and as close as I got were a couple other folk looking for the same thing a few years ago.

Thanks,

M.

xchrisx
06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I believe what you want to do is not possible in Lscript as there is no way to query what tools are being used or their settings etc. I can't speak for the C programmers who have total access to the SDK, but I would believe it to be impossible as well. I think something like this might have been thought about a while back during the whole LW Core thing, but since that has been killed I think you are out of luck for now.

nickdigital
06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
You might be able to string commands together through lscript. At least that's what my QuadSphere lscript does.

http://forums.newtek.com/showpost.php?p=1143429&postcount=34

But as xchrisx said, there's no way to duplicate what PShop does.

Dodgy
06-26-2012, 11:03 PM
You need to learn Lscript my friend :)

http://www.mikegreen.name/Lscripts.html#Lscript

Lewis
06-27-2012, 12:47 AM
would be great if LSCommander from Layout could work in Modeler but AFAIK it's not :(.

Ma3rk
06-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Well, harumph!

Thanks anyway guys. I'm not really that inclined to delve into LScript for this sort of thing, nor do I think it would allow for the experimentation I'd want either.

M.

jeric_synergy
06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah, we've been wanting a macro recorder for a long time.

A loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.