PDA

View Full Version : Got my New Mac Pro Today!

Tony3d
06-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately it's not my Mac Pro I ordered. Not the right processors, not the right video card, and not the amount of ram, plus not the right amount of drives. Good going Apple. They basically sent me a stock 2.66 12 core. Idiots!

DrStrik9
06-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Sorry to hear it. I just love it when shippers screw up. :(

JonW
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Exactly why I buy from a small supplier, they build what I ask for!

At least you were not charged twice (there was just enough credit for 2 but I could not pay any other bills over the next 50 days) by Apple as happened to me years ago. It took me 1 day short of my billing cycle to get a credit, I had bought at the beginning of the billing cycle. The fluffing around & excuses was beyond understanding. It left me with an extremely sour taste for many years.

I hope Apple fixes up "their" problem very quickly. Obviously they do not care about their customers. When a company stuffs up, the reasons for it I do NOT want to hear. I just want to hear that it is been fixed up NOW!

3dworks
06-26-2012, 03:27 AM
sorry to hear that. apples european sales service seems to be better indeed. at least, i've never had any issues ordering from them in the last 15 years. delivery was always very fast and exactly what i ordered, all BTO or refurbished - until now i never ordered any standard mac from them directly.

CG Addict
06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Sorry to hear that Tony but chill out, I've ordered more than a couple dozen times from Apple over the last twenty years, most if not all were custom order desktops and Apple got it right every time. This is hardly a reason to start a thread. Customer Service will make your order right.

Sensei
06-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Never mind.