PDA

View Full Version : Audio delay in rebroadcast of prerecorded stream

Digitlmn
06-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey All:

Just finished recording a 3 hour stream, and now we are rebroadcasting it.
Our problem is that now we have a audio delay and thats straight from the tricaster playback seems like a 7 to 10 frames delay. Any idea

Thx
Luc

Digitlmn
06-27-2012, 10:52 AM
So I called Newtek this AM and I was informed that there is a 4E rev of the software that fixes the issue I described. I wish they would just send a mass email informing people of these update, especially after paying the $3K to be on the Protek roster, they have our emails instead Im told monitor our forum and join our monthly news letter, and to top it off it's not an update the tricaster sees you have to download it from your acc. page. So if any of you are experiencing audio delay when streaming especially in 720p get the damned update rev.4E

sorry for the rant

Luc

SBowie
06-27-2012, 11:14 AM
I wish they would just send a mass email informing people of these updateSounds simple, but auto-emails seem to generate a lot of complaints, and also 'misses' (dues to spam filtering, etc.) In any case, I'd suggest directing your thought on that to CS by email, as they really won't be very likely to see it here.

Apart from that, while I understand it's annoying to have problems of any sort, TriCaster's integrated update feature always points to the most recent release version. You can opt to manually download and install the "Latest" version (referred to as 'Advance Release') from the website, as you have been informed, but a lot of people prefer not to run with something that hasn't been released. So generally, we suggest updating to "Latest" manually when someone reports a specific problem that may have been addressed, but otherwise it is generally better to stick with what is working until an official release occurs - at which time the update button is linked to the build.

adebats
06-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi Steve,

I truly do think there needs to be a system in place for telling people about upgrades and/or important bugs which can affect a live show (based on the nature of the products).

I've missed upgrades by months in the past and only realised when its been mentioned here. A method where we can give you our email and say - please let me know when there is a new upgrade. We do it with out customers and they have a profile by which they can opt out later is they wish.

SBowie
06-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Requests noted. I'm not really in a decision making capacity on this sort of thing (I do get to decide where I'll have lunch most days, except weekends of course - but that's about the extent of it;)), but I'll pass it along.