PDA

View Full Version : Indie Highlights review on a Lightwave animated series

Ryan Roye
06-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Indie highlights is a periodical video series that does exactly as the name implies; it highlights quality indie series and focuses on what makes them stand above the rest.

I'm posting this one here because this series is entirely modeled and animated in Lightwave.

Indie Highlights: Adrenaline Street Racing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2T96sMfW5g) (2:55)

I've done some character animation work on this series as well but my contributions won't appear until the second episode is ready and published. It is pretty humbling to work with such a talented and well-rounded artist... and he has taught me a lot (directly and indirectly) about modeling, texturing and rigging.

Big thanks to Parker B. for providing me with all the source footage and content necessary to put the video together.

Check it out!

nickdigital
06-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Looks neat. What are you guys using for the line drawing?

Ryan Roye
06-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Looks neat. What are you guys using for the line drawing?

He uses both Lightwave's built in edge options and a plugin called "unReal Xtreme", which gives a lot more control over how cel-shading looks. I don't have any experience with the plugin myself, so I can't provide much info on specifics... just from first glance I imagine there is a bit of a learning curve to it.