PDA

View Full Version : Instance parameters

dulo
06-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Has someone a clou how to iterate through a scene an manipulate instance parameters if an instancer plugin is found attached to an object ?
I am just getting crazy about having no options in Property sheet at all and no multiselection on those options...
In houdini its really easy to accomplish something like that and I would do it in Houdini if I could export instances with fbx in both ways .. well not even one direction works ...

Andrewstopheles
06-21-2012, 01:55 PM
The easiest way that I can see is to open the object properties panel, then go to the instancer tab. Using the up/down arrows on the keyboard you can cycle through all of the objects in your scene and see their instancer (if one is attached and if one is active). I think from there you'll have to open the instancer panel by double clicking on the instancer in the properties panel for each object.
I hope that makes sense and is useful.

dulo
08-06-2012, 08:30 AM
I meant if there is a way to do this from python, because I have to do it for thousands of objects and I would rather switch to another software than doing this by hand ..

dpont
08-06-2012, 10:32 AM
For DP Instancer users,
main parameters are exposed in the scene editor.

Denis.