PDA

View Full Version : sequence node (instead of gradient)

zardoz
06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
when I want to load a sequence of maps one for each instance or in another situation, one for each frame I have to create a gradient, add keys, select show output for each key and then feed the maps to each key and insert the desired input to change the maps (per frame or per instance, etc.)

can we have some kind of node for this where we don't have to create use the gradient and create the output keys? some node where I could say, I want 10 inputs for maps, feed the maps and the change criteria?

thanks.

BeeVee
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Isn't it an actual sequence? If so then you could apply the sequence to just two keys, no? LightWave would in the gaps? I haveb't tried but it might work...

B

zardoz
06-21-2012, 09:10 PM
I was thinking of something like this (image sequence.jpg) instead of this (gradient.jpg)

Sensei
06-22-2012, 01:45 PM
I was thinking of something like this (image sequence.jpg) instead of this (gradient.jpg)

Where is difference?

I don't see it..

It would be easier to developer and for people just to make button in Gradient node "Add Input", and it'll be examining the all existing inputs, and to the highest one simply add 1 (or subtraction of the last and previous than last, so if there 0.5 range between them, add 0.5, not constant 1.0), and make new last one, and make sure all inputs are visible..

dwburman
06-22-2012, 03:59 PM
I think the difference is fewer mouse clicks.

Your idea works too, if I understand it. :)
Dynamically set the end key position to the high value of the input (or normalize the input) then evenly space and quantize the keys?

Where is difference?

I don't see it..

It would be easier to developer and for people just to make button in Gradient node "Add Input", and it'll be examining the all existing inputs, and to the highest one simply add 1 (or subtraction of the last and previous than last, so if there 0.5 range between them, add 0.5, not constant 1.0), and make new last one, and make sure all inputs are visible..

Sensei
06-22-2012, 04:14 PM
I made request for it
https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?47636_usqfis04gj136a0c

zardoz
06-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Where is difference?

I don't see it..

I guess this would work and yes what I'm asking is a few mouse clicks. Because I've noticed that I use gradients a lot with integer numbers. I create keys all the time at 1, 2, 3 etc and when you are doing it you have to click in the gradient and then go and type the number because you won't be able to hit 1 or 2 with one click. then sometimes you have to go key by key choosing 'Step' or another one. And because we don't have instance or clone number 2.5 or 4.3 or...we could have some node that would assume keys at 0, 1, 2, 3, etc . It would be simply faster.

thanks for your interest
cheers