PDA

View Full Version : TMPGEnc problems?

3dfanatic
10-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone,
finally getting ready to change the stuff from VT3 to Mpeg2. The problem I am having once I start the TMPGEnc it just stops and turns off and doesn't give me any errors or any information about what is wrong. Any ideas on this? I was wondering does all the music I am adding or the DVE's have to be on the same Stripped drive setup? I have some music I added and they are on a basic drive and the DVE's automatically installed on that same drive is that the issue or could it be something else?

Jim_C
10-26-2003, 11:10 AM
>>I was wondering does all the music....

No, it doesn't have to be on stripe, but it does help.
same with DVE's.
The faster you can get data to/from the T3 the happier it is, so I keep all my work on my stripe. I even moved my most often used or needed for the moment dve's to a folder on the stripe.

Create a folder for your project on the stripe and keep all pertaining work in it, music, dve's etc. Then back up and storage for later is quick and easy also.

As for tmpgenc?
when is it crashing? at start up or when you start a render?
What kind of file are you starting with?

Bobt
10-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Thats not always the best thing. Seek and thrashing
comes into play if the 3 files a (DVE and 2 video files)
are far apart. It actually is slower then everything being
seperate. The less thrashing you have the faster the
reads can be off a disk.

Bob

3dfanatic
10-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Hi Jim_C
when is it crashing? When I hit the start button it just disappears.
What kind of file are you starting with? I am starting with setup3.VT-Edit Project which is the name of my file.
What I am trying now is to render the whole thing to rtv and wav and then going to try this. Thanks for the quick response all.