PDA

View Full Version : How to apply shaders to two seperate UV sets on one Object.

mathewo
06-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi guys, I am trying to do the typical layered shader where I can use one UV set and therefore one texture for the head of a character and another UV set/texture for the body.

I'm new to lightwave and can't get my head around it, any chance someone could help me out?

Thanks in advance, Mat.

nickdigital
06-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Can you be more specific as to what you need help with? Do you need help with the UV making process or just isolating a texture to a specific UV island?

MSherak
06-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, I am trying to do the typical layered shader where I can use one UV set and therefore one texture for the head of a character and another UV set/texture for the body.

I'm new to lightwave and can't get my head around it, any chance someone could help me out?

Thanks in advance, Mat.

Now you have to make sure that you have setup the UV's in Modeler..

A Surface (material in other packages) is where you place the texture.. If it is all one surface you will layer them in the area when you hit the T button.. Hit that and there you can select the image and tell it which coordinate system to use, in this case UV.. Add another layer to this and select the next one. if one overrides the other you have to make sure you set your clamping and blends

mathewo
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
I have the two UV sets already set up on the one object. I need to apply a texture that will show one diffuse/normal on one UV set and a texture that will show another diffuse/normal on the other UV set.

Thanks for the reply :)

mathewo
06-21-2012, 10:41 AM
AH that is exactly what is happening, once I have applied both on two seperate layers the head diffuse is overriding the rest of the body also even though the UVs only match the head. what do you mean by clamping and blends?