PDA

View Full Version : TC Custom Transition

accessfletch
06-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I know I read this somewhere in the past, but now can't find for the life of me:

If I wanted to create a custom A/B transition (likely some iteration of our logo going across during the transition), how would I do so? Does that involve a NewTek product, or can it be done natively within the TriCaster (or can I create something in After Effects and export to a specific format)?

SBowie
06-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Which model?

accessfletch
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Studio, though it's possible we'll have access to a 300 shortly.

SBowie
06-21-2012, 10:22 AM
The transition creation process for the two systems is quite different. If you have appropriate versions of LW or Aura along with certain free plugins required, you can create full color transitions for the SD models. Not so for 300, 450 or 850. However, EXTREME models, 455, 855 and 8000 can use so-called "Animation Store" transitions which are similar to the color transitions you are used to - and ship with an app called Animation Store Creator.

Lee-AVP
06-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes on the studio, no on the 300. Get a 455. :)

The DVE compiler is still available on Newtek's FTP, but you're going to need Aura or Lightwave to use it.

There are a few people on the forum who do custom transitions.. Jose Burgos is one of them.

But really, if custom transitions are part of your required feature set, get in to a 455, as it has the custom animation store system built in.

bbailey
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM
So how involved is the creation of a custom transition for the 855? It looks like I may be in the market for one and I currently use a company logo from a sponsor when I do a transition to a slo-mo replay for my High School Football. I currently use a Tricaster Broadcast.

PIZAZZ
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
So how involved is the creation of a custom transition for the 855? It looks like I may be in the market for one and I currently use a company logo from a sponsor when I do a transition to a slo-mo replay for my High School Football. I currently use a Tricaster Broadcast.

That would be a piece of cake to build for the 855. As long as the .mov has alpha, you could build the transition in Animation Store Creator in maybe 5 minutes.

bbailey
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Man! You weren't kidding... piece of cake. The Tricaster Broadcast needed a compiler. I used Aura and it worked nicely. The 855 requires a tga or bmp sequence which, luckily, my animation software would output. So I was able to go back to the animation software and simply output the already built animations as a tga sequence with transparency and the Animation Store Creator in the 855 led me through a much easier process for making the transitions. And I downloaded some sound FX and was able to put them on the transitions. Later I added some flares to the animations which really makes them pop now!