PDA

View Full Version : Facial Rig Demonstration using IKB

SplineGod
06-20-2012, 11:53 PM
I have been reposting some demonstrations I had done awhile ago. Several use IKBoost to control a facial rig consisting of bones. Ive also posted up a demo of a stretchy rig using IKB and a basic rig using IKB and an interesting arm/shoulder setup as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pHqyB-nBEs&feature=plcp

silviotoledo
06-22-2012, 08:09 AM
I really like this sample from you! And I know it's a little old sample!

IK booster seems to be so powerfull, but I don't like the interface although it has great tools like dynamic FIX and PIN that I'd like to see on Lightwave joints. I really don't know why Newtek didn't integrate these tools from IK Booster in their joints/bones. It seems actual development team does not understand the legacy code.

I will be interested in purchase this video sample as soon as I get finance to start my new project ( hope less than a month ).

Would you be also interested in update your tech with an human face and face mocap?

See:

MYCAP Studio 2012 Professional v1.2
http://www.rebanrobotics.com/
http://www.rebanrobotics.com/videos.html

MYCAP export the tracked nulls to Lightwave. If we move nulls PIVOT we can do retarget to match the shape of our model, so a rig under is necessary to be driven by these nulls 'cause if we add one bone where each null is the face will move like jelly.

Ryan Roye
06-22-2012, 09:15 AM
IK booster seems to be so powerfull, but I don't like the interface although it has great tools like dynamic FIX and PIN that I'd like to see on Lightwave joints.

You'll notice the interface will never get in the way of working at least.

Another cool trick is to use an motion modifier or expresssion to drive HPB rotations using XYZ movements... by doing that, you can make your entire rig click-drag. Something like this is especially handy for moving a characters Neck, hands and chest quickly. By reducing the number of commands required to do a single motion, it therefor increases productivity.

rcallicotte
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Thanks Larry. It's always good to see what Lightwave can do.

SplineGod
06-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Its good to see new or different stuff...it gets the brain thinking about different ways to do things. Im just glad LW is capable of doing more then I know how to do with it. :)
I agree about the IKB interface. Its problem really is that it integrates too well into Layout. Its not obvious in terms of having a large menu or panel pop up with options. All the menus are where they should be in the context where theyre used...ie, node menus at the nodes, channel menus as the channels, menus for a range of keys in the dopetrack, menus for single keys in the dopetrack etc. It is a bit alien at first but the interface is setup really for efficiency.

meshpig
06-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Cool vid, had no idea IKB was that extensive. Thanks.

SplineGod
06-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Ive added a few more little IKB demo vids. The shoulder/arm one shows another feature called IK Targetting. Basically any other item can become an IK target for another item. Ive done this to allow the clavicle, shoulder and forearm to be controlled from the wrist area.
What Ive shown doesnt really even scratch the surface of what IKB an do. :)