PDA

View Full Version : TrueArt Extended Item Info: clone index?

jeric_synergy
06-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Is anyone familiar with TrueArt's Extended Item Info? I'm attempting to use the Clone Index output, which would be ideal for my application, but it doesn't seem to be functioning.

Here's the scene I'm attempting to use it in. While DPKit's "Item ID" output serves to color the cubes differently, I would want to index the colors/surface exclusively by the clone index, not the item index.

Since TrueArt's EII has exactly that output, it seemed to fit the ticket. However, it doesn't seem to work as I might expect it to.

Possible red herring: I note that my latest TrueArt download actually seemed older than my previous-- could there be a versioning issue?

Thanks!

jeric_synergy
06-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Got it.

Since it doesn't have a SELF option, TrueArt's Extended Item Info node requires an object index to enable outputting CLONE indices. One can use DPKit's Item Info to supply an object index, and then the clone index output becomes useful.

In the accompanying screen grab, the colors of each pie sector are generated by its clone index, filtered via a gradient. Wo0T!

Sensei
06-15-2012, 08:20 AM
You should be using Extended Spot Info > Item ID.

Clone index is actually parsed from brackets of item name (index) in node Init().. :)

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105106&stc=1&d=1339769997

jeric_synergy
06-15-2012, 08:30 AM
You should be using Extended Spot Info > Item ID.

Clone index is actually parsed from brackets of item name (index) in node Init().. :)
Hey Sensei, thanks for making TrueArt's node library available!!!

Clone Index is PERFECT for my use, because there's a bunch of nulls 'between' each of the clones I want to color, and I assume their Item ID increments would complicate coloring the gradient. :thumbsup: