PDA

View Full Version : Whatīs hiding in the deep at the baltic sea?

prometheus
06-14-2012, 01:04 PM
well, some of you might have heard some fuzz about some divers and explorers who found a mysterious pattern down in the deep at the baltic sea.

The discovery is a circle of aprox 60 meters in diameter, and next to it some sort of drag mark tracks, quite a huge size of the circle, if it is man made that is..isnīt it?

What do you guys believe it could be?
natural formations, meteor,satellilte, some hidden military project or something left from the world war, or perhaps som alien thingy?

Check the explorers site...they are in the process of diving down and explore it further, apparently som military actions were taking place around the area recently too.

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

Michael

Baba
06-14-2012, 02:11 PM
It's a Nazi bunker, they've been hiding under the baltic sea since 1944 :)

shrox
06-14-2012, 02:23 PM
In that animation, the disk should have flipped over rather than skipped along. Anything striking nose first like that would flip over.

biliousfrog
06-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Well, whatever it is, the people behind it are doing quite well from all the coverage, sponsorship, partnerships, merchandise etc. ;)

pat-lek
06-15-2012, 03:39 AM
I think that it's just somes guys, just searching for made talking about them.

littlewaves
06-15-2012, 05:47 AM
considering they're now saying they've actually been down to it I'm a bit surprised at the lack of photographic evidence.

The cynicism in me is only amplified by their decision to use a rather fanciful render from deviant art as their only image!

Although clearly I'll be as delighted as the rest of you if Lando pops out of the top hatch in full diving gear and asks the divers in for a game of sabacc

prometheus
06-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Yeah they released some news about it today, to me it seems like some natural strange formation or some sort of impact perhaps, but it doesnīt seem to be any manmade vehicle or alien for that matter, but it seems very strange thou...it will take time to process sonar image data they say, no photos seem a little odd, but perhaps the environment down there might obscure for good photos, and other scientist ar examining samples.

check the news here..

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

prometheus
06-15-2012, 10:40 AM
perhaps this might be faster..
2012-06-15

NEWS RELEASE

15/6/2012, PRESS RELEASE

THE TREASURE HUNTERS, OCEAN X TEAM, DISCOVERED SOMETHING UNIQUE WHEN THEY DOVE DOWN TO THE MYSTERIOUS CIRCLE-SHAPED OBJECT IN THE BALTIC SEA

Treasure hunters confirm they have found something abnormal in the seabed

STOCKHOLM, Sweden, June 15, 2012

The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

“During my 20-year diving career, including 6000 dives, I have never seen anything like this. Normally stones don’t burn. I can’t explain what we saw, and I went down there to answer questions, but I came up with even more questions “, says Stefan Hogeborn, one of the divers at Ocean X Team.

The path to the object itself can be described as a runway or a downhill path that is flattened at the seabed with the object at the end of it.

“First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger. As laymen we can only speculate how this is made by nature, but this is the strangest thing I have ever experienced as a professional diver“, continues Peter Lindberg, one of the founder Ocean X Team.

Right now, scientists are examining samples from the circle-shaped object, and experts in sonar imaging are processing data from the ship to hopefully shed more light over the mysterious object.

prometheus
06-15-2012, 10:53 AM
just found that there are images, not on the site but on a swedish new site it shows up on the flash still animation.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/sa-ser-den-mystiska-cirkeln-ut-pa-nara-hall/

To me it just looks like a couple of round stones, but theres a bigger shape that looks odd too..

The diver who has diving experince for over 20 years and 6000 dives, says he has never seen anything like it on land or beneath the water.

I could only speculate in some sort of meteor impact perhaps.

Michael

zarti
06-15-2012, 03:08 PM
looks like this guy as soon as read theNews ; is doing everything he can to get back his 'original car' .

some have said he was here from ancient times , so he could hardly remeber 'where he parked it' ..

makes sense for us , humans . .. No ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3122rqMPv9M

inkpen3d
06-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Okay, very interesting, but I don't think we need to invoke anything outlandish to explain this.

During, and for some period after, the last ice-age parts of the Baltic sea were dry land (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Baltic_History_7500-BC.svg) and so would have been inhabited by humans. In fact a huge area of the North Sea was dry land, criss-crossed by rivers. Many stone-age artefacts, along with animal and plant remains, have been dredged up in the North Sea by fishing and research vessels.

So there is a distinct possibility that this circle of stones is man-made - the question is, why was it constructed and what was it used for?

I think that it is far too large to be the foundations of a neolithic-style hut.

One possibly is that it is an enclosure for animals and/or to enclose a small settlement of huts, with the two large stones forming the entrance to the enclosure.

Another explanation could be that this stone circle was used for religious ceremonies, etc. Perhaps the strange shape of the natural mound upon which the stone circle is sited attracted the attention of its builders as being somewhere special.

Regarding the "runway" feature: this is probably a sedimentation shadow - underwater currents flowing/swirling around and past the mound have kept the sea-floor relatively free of sediments down-stream of the flow.

Something to definitely keep an eye on for future developments!

Regards,
Peter

prometheus
06-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Okay, very interesting, but I don't think we need to invoke anything outlandish to explain this.

During, and for some period after, the last ice-age parts of the Baltic sea were dry land (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Baltic_History_7500-BC.svg) and so would have been inhabited by humans. In fact a huge area of the North Sea was dry land, criss-crossed by rivers. Many stone-age artefacts, along with animal and plant remains, have been dredged up in the North Sea by fishing and research vessels.

So there is a distinct possibility that this circle of stones is man-made - the question is, why was it constructed and what was it used for?

I think that it is far too large to be the foundations of a neolithic-style hut.

One possibly is that it is an enclosure for animals and/or to enclose a small settlement of huts, with the two large stones forming the entrance to the enclosure.

Another explanation could be that this stone circle was used for religious ceremonies, etc. Perhaps the strange shape of the natural mound upon which the stone circle is sited attracted the attention of its builders as being somewhere special.

Regarding the "runway" feature: this is probably a sedimentation shadow - underwater currents flowing/swirling around and past the mound have kept the sea-floor relatively free of sediments down-stream of the flow.

Something to definitely keep an eye on for future developments!

Regards,
Peter

Yes, I have a sense of this being man made as well ..long time ago and that this area have been above sea level and as you mentioned..perhaps a sort of religous ceromony has taken place or some sort of habitat.

Michael

realgray
06-18-2012, 02:37 PM
“The surface has cracks on it,” said Lindberg. “There is some black material in the cracks, but we don’t know what it is.”

Looks like one of the ships from Prometheus made it through :0

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/06/18/swedish-scientists-reveal-findings-deep-sea-alien-hunt/

prometheus
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
some more news, but still were little display on what they have found, they donīt publish pictures directly and no real discription on the material samples found, the lab i still investigating it seems.

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1989&category=Environmenthttp://

You might think they could simple determine date of the material samples or something, but I donīt know.

Personally I start to think that it could be some waste disposal maybe something pured down that could have formed this, maybe radioactiv materila.

Or maybe it could be some drilling test platform, or something made for testing of shore rigs or wind power stations, who knows.

It may very well be some sort of human made sets from a very very long time ago when that part was above the sea level.

Radioactive or magnetic interference might be something related to the Tjernobyl accident.

Last in my thinkable list would be any form of Alien construction thou, since I do not believe any civilization has ever visited here due to distances and no other certain proofs have ever been found, before all that I can think of secret military projects, crashed meteors.

Another thought that came to my mind, It was the estonia ship that sunk, and how it was discussed about and I think they buried it with cement over that ship, god knows exactly where it sunk, but this might be totally of the charts, but maybe they have done testing with that approach and this location was experimental?

Michael

prometheus
06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I found one thing a little disturbing thou, the site the ocean x team has, it has some imagery related to some sort of ufo finding, wich really isnīt necessary to put up there until they know what it is, just intentionally spreading and building up fuzz in a not so serious way.

I do not see the point of them putting up such imagery to tickle the fantasy of everybodys mind.

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/311410_282743988433095_100000924896535_876379_5847 59702_n.jpg

http://www.oceanexplorer.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/223727_10150296398007497_768682496_7660188_7626758 _n.jpg

This is interesting thou, sharp edges in the structure..
http://www.oceanexplorer.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/456_90D.jpg

Michael

50one
06-29-2012, 01:12 PM
If that would be anything UFO related than there's no chance we would know about it, all the hype is to build an interest cause as far as I'm aware they're planning on doing commercial trips to the site along with diving...

prometheus
06-29-2012, 01:22 PM
If that would be anything UFO related than there's no chance we would know about it, all the hype is to build an interest cause as far as I'm aware they're planning on doing commercial trips to the site along with diving...

Ah..I do not believe in Governments hiding Ufo scenarios, so I reallly think we would know if it would be alien.

This is on international waters between sweden and finland, canīt see U.S black men smoking cigaretteīs around here:) working with swedish Government to hide it.
Dont think swedish Government would have that agenda too, but maybe, who knows.

I just hope it isnīt any bad uggly transformer down there:)

Maybe an american spaceship from the future with some sphere inside:)

I bet many of us would like it to be some sort of Ufo thou, it tickles the mind really, and all the implications it would mean to know that we have discovered an alien life form, are they evil,friendly, how long time was it can we get contact etc..

But personally I believe that to be a mind ghost of what we have seen on big screens and scifi-shows.

I can agree on that it might very well be a delibirate hoax from the team, getting funding to something else.
When and why did they put that X symbol up reminding of the x-files?

Michael

realgray
06-29-2012, 02:40 PM
"I just hope it isnīt any bad uggly transformer down there"

Now that's a great Idea. An awesome Decepticon forgot to wake up during the last film. :thumbsup:

HenrikSkoglund
06-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I find stuff like this very interesting to read, thanks for sharing Prometheus.

Please update the thread again if they find any humanoids put to hypersleep ;)

prometheus
06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
"I just hope it isnīt any bad uggly transformer down there"

Now that's a great Idea. An awesome Decepticon forgot to wake up during the last film. :thumbsup:

I think a better Idea for a movie buster would be, they have found the port where some satanic angel or beast was thrown down and imprisoned.
I hope they do not wake something up.:devil:

Im no believer at all of any religion or so, but always tickling for the fantasy.

Michael

metahumanity
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
bah. just a rock formation, anyway..

I donīt get all the fuss about that shape, itīs nothing out of the ordinary.

prometheus
06-29-2012, 03:51 PM
bah. just a rock formation, anyway..

I donīt get all the fuss about that shape, itīs nothing out of the ordinary.

Can you explain that a little further? to me it seems extraordinary, not seen often, the reasons why thou is still held in a veil.

Andrewstopheles
06-29-2012, 04:11 PM
I was thinking an architectural construction that was lost to tectonic shift/tsunamis thousands of years ago is the most likely scenario, with the little information I've heard.

50one
06-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Well, as far as i'm concerned the whole area of baltic sea was filled with water few thousands years ago, so who knows, it might be something left by the pas generations, maybe some sort of ancient device to brew lager:D anyway would be great if that would be left by the aliens along with the info that we're just another experiment and they're coming, that would end the religious cr** once and for all.

nomad108
06-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I thought if I hid it in the Baltic Sea, nobody would ever find it! Please just ignore it. I'll clean it up later.

Shnoze Shmon
06-29-2012, 09:12 PM
That's the drain plug. Leave it alone!

Do you know how long we had to leave the water running to fill the oceans up? Do you have any idea how big the water bill was!

Bunch of idiots are gunna poke around and cause all the water to drain out:bangwall:

zarti
06-30-2012, 12:12 AM

When and why did they put that X symbol up reminding of the x-files?

Michael

maybe thats a target hit sign ? .. so aliens might spend no more than a single shot ? , .. instead of hundred-thousands we shoot each-other everyday ??

=}-

sublimationman
06-30-2012, 01:16 AM
I bet in the end there is a natural explanation for each part separately and them being together is just an amazing coincidence.

Watching National geographic a lot I have seen sphere shaped rocks caused by water, volcanic activity and sand storms.

As for the photos, I am sorry but if I had a descent sized SD card in my underwater camera and I went down there, I would shoot until the card was bursting at the seams and would have hundreds, or maybe thousands of photos to show. I would also shoot non stop video.

In this day and age with cameras cheap and everywhere (you can't have a fender bender without 50 people getting a shot on their cell phone) there is no excuse for poor or lack of photos. the ROV could have spent 24 hours down there streaming video until a complete map was made.

metahumanity
06-30-2012, 06:25 AM
I bet in the end there is a natural explanation for each part separately and them being together is just an amazing coincidence.

Watching National geographic a lot I have seen sphere shaped rocks caused by water, volcanic activity and sand storms.

As for the photos, I am sorry but if I had a descent sized SD card in my underwater camera and I went down there, I would shoot until the card was bursting at the seams and would have hundreds, or maybe thousands of photos to show. I would also shoot non stop video.

In this day and age with cameras cheap and everywhere (you can't have a fender bender without 50 people getting a shot on their cell phone) there is no excuse for poor or lack of photos. the ROV could have spent 24 hours down there streaming video until a complete map was made.

fIRST PROBLEM IS THAT SONAR CATCHES SHAPES THAT ARE HIDDEN UNDER MUD AND SAND. sO IN REALITY THERE MIGHT NOT NE ANYTHING VISIBLE .

Ups, caps.

And now Iīve read on several websites that all electronic equipment fails to work in a 200 meter radius. Not sure this has been confirmed by the team, so for now thatīs just x-files hysteria.

metahumanity
06-30-2012, 06:26 AM
That's the drain plug. Leave it alone!

Do you know how long we had to leave the water running to fill the oceans up? Do you have any idea how big the water bill was!

Bunch of idiots are gunna poke around and cause all the water to drain out:bangwall:

I like your theory the most, LMAO!

jwiede
06-30-2012, 07:50 AM
And now Iīve read on several websites that all electronic equipment fails to work in a 200 meter radius. Not sure this has been confirmed by the team, so for now thatīs just x-files hysteria.
I have extreme difficulty believing this part. Were such a thing possible with simply a passive configuration of materials, that alone would represent a major scientific find -- the generation of such a field would have substantial mil and non-mil value.

In general, there seems to be a lot of sensationalism by the "explorers" but I wish I were getting a stronger sense of the scientific method being rigorously applied. Hopefully if they aren't doing so, and there is something "interesting" down there, they don't ruin it to where real scientific investigation is hampered or made unworkable by their contamination.

DigitalSorcery8
06-30-2012, 12:32 PM

But the thing here is, that's exactly what they probably ARE doing - they're just not sharing ALL of the information with the public. If in fact it does turn out to be something ordinary, not too many people will tune in to the TV special. You keep appetites whet with "just enough" and everyone will want to see more about this... artifact.

Probably won't know anything solid until... December 21st. :)

fazi69
06-30-2012, 01:56 PM
There is only one logical explanation :

octopus2000
06-30-2012, 04:51 PM
for all we know it's nuclear waste encased in cement

prometheus
07-01-2012, 06:51 AM
for all we know it's nuclear waste encased in cement

One of my thoughts too, or some submarine docking experiments perhaps.

I would actually really see it to be some ancient manmade formation, that will still be a big hit without ufo hysteria.

Heres a sample displacement scene sample within the attached zipfile,not correct size thou, grid is 100 meters, dunno why Im wasting time on it,
so you pattern and ufo finders, try and find something from that.

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=105339&stc=1&d=1341146992

Michael

Elmar Moelzer
07-01-2012, 01:07 PM
tbh, I see a case of pareidolia. To me it seems to be a natural formation that is only interpreted by our brains as a known shape of sorts (our brains are mostly pattern recognition machines).

prometheus
07-01-2012, 01:13 PM
tbh, I see a case of pareidolia. To me it seems to be a natural formation that is only interpreted by our brains as a known shape of sorts (our brains are mostly pattern recognition machines).

Dunno, depends on how the 90 degree angles are formed, seem a little odd for nature to create that.

Edit..On the other hand, look where it all started with dust and clouds and gases, and from all of that I got me a laptop, a few things more and a lightwave copy:)
But it sure took some time.

Michael

DigitalSorcery8
07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
And no silt on it either? Seems kind of strange.

In any event, it's cool to speculate. :thumbsup:

Bill Carey
07-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Looks an awful lot like a Cylon fighter.

zarti
07-01-2012, 06:24 PM
try to disable Mipmaping ..