PDA

View Full Version : Luminance Key

BambooRusty
06-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Hello to all.

I have a tricaster 850 extreme.

Is it possible at all to do a traditional luminance key with the 850? One channel key and one channel fill?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SBowie
06-14-2012, 07:43 AM
850 EXTREME supports both alpha in (using neighboring inputs) and out (via Aux).

BambooRusty
06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
850 EXTREME supports both alpha in (using neighboring inputs) and out (via Aux).

Thanks Steve.

I can make it key. What i can't do is make the fill (white) just cut the key hole which is what it's supposed to do on a luminance key.

SBowie
06-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks Steve.

I can make it key. What i can't do is make the fill (white) just cut the key hole which is what it's supposed to do on a luminance key.I need to know exactly what you're trying to do. Are you bringing in fill and matte live from external sources, or trying to use LiveMatte on an input to pull a lumakey?

BambooRusty
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Steve,

Isn't that the same thing? I have a key channel coming in on input 4 and the fill on 5.
The only way I see the key is through the live matte. Is there another way? I hope?

SBowie
06-14-2012, 09:26 AM
You don't need to enable LiveMatte in this case. You do need to connect and configure the fill and matte sources correctly. Let me refer you to section 7.2.2 (Act as Alpha) in the manual. Also section A.1.2 (How do I connect Fill + Alpha sources?) :)

BambooRusty
06-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Hi Steve,

Found the section. Thanks. How do I select a different input? I can only see to change alpha to input 3 and in this case I need it to be 4. Any thought?

kltv
06-14-2012, 10:26 AM
You need to flip that around a bit. The fill needs to be on the input numbered immediately before the matte. And the fill needs to be on an odd numbered input. So, you need to move the fill to 3 and the matte to 4 or fill to 5 and matte to 6.

Kris

BambooRusty
06-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Steve. My sincerest thanks. Got it all figured out. Have a great day!!

BambooRusty
06-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for your help too Kris.

SBowie
06-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Steve. My sincerest thanks. Got it all figured out. Have a great day!! :)

p.s. I'd be interested to know how you are using this feature, btw.
p.p.s. 'Go Riders!' ;)

BambooRusty
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
:)

p.s. I'd be interested to know how you are using this feature, btw.
p.p.s. 'Go Riders!' ;)

Funny you mention the Riders. That's what it was for. They have purchased a new Crossfire clip player and it can only send a Luma key over via 2 channels.

We got it going and it looks really great. A very nice key.

The tricaster 850 was there for testing only. They have an SD truck coming in next week for the season.

The new screens are awesome as well. Can't wait to see how it all melts together.

Thanks again for the help Steve and yes GO RIDERS!!

SBowie
06-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Funny you mention the Riders. That's what it was for.I'm not a huge football afficionado, but have spent a little time in that stadium freezing my duff off. ;)

We got it going and it looks really great. A very nice key.Very happy to hear that!

They have an SD truck coming in next week for the season.SD? Is this just for internal (stadium) use? Not broadcasting in HD yet? Where's the CBC when you want them?

BambooRusty
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm not a huge football afficionado, but have spent a little time in that stadium freezing my duff off. ;)

Very happy to hear that!

SD? Is this just for internal (stadium) use? Not broadcasting in HD yet? Where's the CBC when you want them?

It's for the in house "Maxtron".

and the truck is an older CBC digital truck.

Are you from Regina Steve?

SBowie
06-18-2012, 02:24 PM
It's for the in house "Maxtron". Aah ...

and the truck is an older CBC digital truck.Gotcha.

Are you from Regina Steve?No, but I lived there for 4 years in the 80's (actually worked on the CBC building when it was under construction, among many other things). I had a great time there - my kids were about 6 yrs old and down. We lived out in what was then the extreme West end (out past Depot Division) ... one block further and you'd be in someone's prairie field. :)

Many an early morning I pelted along Wascana Creek all the way downtown to work on my bicycle (if I tried that now you'd likely have to bury me along the bike trail!) The wind on a balmy day in January would just about peel the flesh off your bones ... :D