PDA

View Full Version : Finished Skyline GTR

si_kick
10-26-2003, 02:02 AM
Hey,
ive finally finished my skyline (to an extent im resonably happy with.) Here it is. Modelled in lightwave, textures in photoshot.

RiGLEY
10-26-2003, 04:08 AM
niiice :-) !!

Shivath
10-26-2003, 04:20 AM
It looks lovely, only thing is the big black hole in the bumper. Might be just the lights, but something seems missing there. But like I said, its lovely. Good work.

Mclaren
10-26-2003, 05:37 PM
I like it, but i agree about the hole. I know that's how the body kit is, but you would be able to see some part of the cars "gut" through it. Other then that, it's just splendid.

si_kick
10-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey Everyone.

Yeah that hole has been bothering me quite a bit ill try change it when i have time. And yeah Mclaren i think it does need some " guts" inside ill try post a another render with thos few things fixed up. But just a question, i didnt do the background and ground shadows becasue i can never seem to get those realyly soft shadows under the cars so can someone please tell me how its done. And does anyone have an idea of a fairly simple scene i can put the car in.

Later

Si

daveythegravy73
10-27-2003, 01:48 AM
Hi again,

U can get the nice ground shadows with radiosity, but turn off the ground in all of the lights.

Alternatively, U can use a shadow map on one of ur lights, but turn off ground for the other lights. I think that if U put the shadow light almost above the car, that may work.

I not 100% sure about that, but worth a try. Hope it works.

With the high contrast lighting, I think that the hole would be black.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

si_kick
10-27-2003, 02:43 AM
thanks Davey, the way with the shadow map worked well. i'm gonna do the car in a real picture, ive jsut go to take a photo sometime, ill post a rendeer when im done

daveythegravy73
10-27-2003, 03:21 AM
Hi,

Oh great. I want to do that with my Z car model when I finished it, hehe.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

si_kick
10-27-2003, 03:47 PM
yeah,

ive done it on the skyline before its pretty easy i can tell u how to do it if you need some help, can i seee a pic of the z so far?

Keep on lightwaveing peoples

Si

daveythegravy73
10-28-2003, 02:27 AM
Hi si_kick,

I have a good idea on how to make the camera projection with a ground plane and back plane. My problem is that my modelling skills R not yet at a stage where I can give the Z car what it truely deserves.

Thanks for offering ur help. U probably know alot more about it than me. A roundown of pointers would be most apreciated though. It is always good when users on here share knowledge.

I have seen some very good examples on the web. Sorry I have lost the link, so happy hunting

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

si_kick
11-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Hey all,

Havent replied to this post for a while sorta forgot sorry guys.

DaveytheGravey: Sorry bout not replying been busy with school lately so i havent had the time. As for the car its comming along well. Firstly lower the spec on the whells. As for the modelling its not looking bad. I think that u need to try and joing most of it together rather having it in sections like the divider where the front and side windows are needs to be joined at the bottom. Beside this keep working on it and kepp up posted. As for my car ive been working on a render im not sure about it but its ok, any advice, Cheers
Si

daveythegravy73
11-09-2003, 03:21 AM
Hi,

Thanx si.

I working on learning how to character model at the present, but I shall come back to the Z car, probably after Xmas now, as I realy want to get character modeling spot on.

Working through the UserDelta Videos, nearly finished. Then I gona model a sculpture of a hand I made with Femo.

Look forward to seeing ur render.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy

si_kick
11-09-2003, 03:33 AM
Dave its looking good ive tried character modelling my self it was ok but i never finishd it. Any way keep up the work. Heres the render hope u like. By the way does anyone have any good background images that would be good to put a car in i cant seem to find a nice one. Si

daveythegravy73
11-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Hi si,

U got a camera, hehe.

Wish I could help U out there. If I see something. I'll let U know.

Looks good though.

Best Wishes

daveythegravy