PDA

View Full Version : How to make "breaking news" ticker ?

Living Smart TV
06-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi!

Can someone please tell me how to make a scrolling "breaking news" ticker / text where we can write updates for live events ? :)

Lee-AVP
06-13-2012, 05:17 AM
You will need Live Text stand alone installed on another computer. Then you will find everything you need in the live text manual.

Spacebacon
06-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Could you make an animated ticker as a video clip with alpha?

Living Smart TV
06-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Could you make an animated ticker as a video clip with alpha?

Not if we're thinking of the same thing, no - then you would have to render the clip and reimport it every time.

We're looking for a way to put comments (and also tweets) on screen live .... preferably without spending yet another 1.000 dollars :)

Lee-AVP
06-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Not if we're thinking of the same thing, no - then you would have to render the clip and reimport it every time.

We're looking for a way to put comments (and also tweets) on screen live .... preferably without spending yet another 1.000 dollars :)

if it doesn't have to crawl, a png saved to the frame buffer would do the trick.

Spacebacon
06-18-2012, 07:34 AM
I use an external PC with LiveText for graphics, but the Tricaster has a titler, doesn't it? Can you animate graphics in that? Just have it scrolling right to left?

SBowie
06-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Can you animate graphics in that? Just have it scrolling right to left?Certainly can. Crawls and scrolls are exported as 32bit AVI files in this case.

Living Smart TV
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
But you would then have to leave the tricaster, make the text, export it, enter tricaster, import it, right?

How does that fit "Can someone please tell me how to make a scrolling "breaking news" ticker / text where we can write updates for live events ?"

We would then have to go "ooops, sorry, we'll interrupt the live stream for now to update our crawler and be right back in a few minutes"........ :D

I think I get the point - either shell out another $1.000 for Live text 2 or forget the live updated text, right?

Dimitry G
06-19-2012, 10:32 PM
You can setup a network folder share on the Tricaster, and drop files from another computer without having to stop your live production. We do it all the time, while streaming and even recording ISOs!

Check out www.videohive.net. There are some amazing templates there, for example this one: http://videohive.net/item/broadcast-design-complete-news-package/459730

SBowie
06-20-2012, 05:31 AM
But you would then have to leave the tricaster, make the text, export it, enter tricaster, import it, right?I was responding to this question: "Tricaster has a titler, doesn't it? Can you animate graphics in that?" You're correct that this method would not support live updates.