PDA

View Full Version : instances and offset motion

dblincoe
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Hello all. I'm looking for some clarification and hopefully recent perspective on instances and offsetting motion. I'd like to have a figure moving and then instance the figure and offset the motion so that it all instances are not moving in unison.

I've read that morph's can't be offset and I haven't had luck with offsetting the motion if it is bone driven. Any ideas? I tried a mdd file, but all move in unison also.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

SplineGod
06-12-2012, 04:51 PM
you can also mdscan the motions. Morphs and mdd files can be offset either manually or via nodes.

dblincoe
06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
you can also mdscan the motions. Morphs and mdd files can be offset either manually or via nodes.

How do you do that? MDSCAN?

SplineGod
06-12-2012, 06:41 PM
you create the mdd files by mdscanning. Each mdd file is a record of that particular animation on the character. If the characters use the same geometry then the mdd files can be played back on any of the characters. Using Dponts MDD nodes you can change when the mdd file starts playing back on each character and change the rate of playback.

dblincoe
06-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks Larry!

That makes sense now and sheds some light on what I read earlier. Load a few clones of each with different offsets to use as reference objects to instance.