PDA

View Full Version : Iexplorer not remembering last save folder

prometheus
06-09-2012, 12:02 PM
One thing that annoys me with internet explorer is that if I open an image with middle klick or enlarge an image, then saving it to a special folder, I go back in the browser and pick another image and try to save that, it always jumps back to the main picture folder and not the one I saved the last images.

Now firefox works much better when dealing with images, whatever folder I create and start saving images in, it doesnīt matter when I continue browsing and saving, it all finds itīs way to the last created folder.

In many cases Iexplorer canīt right klick and have the show image wich brings up original or larger image when doing so with firefox.

Sure I could and will use firefox mostly, but I am keen to know if thereīs some setting in firefox that can remember last saved folder location?

+ side for Iexplore when having messenger open and a mail arrives in hotmail, you can simply click on the mailbox and you do not have to log in again, this you have to do with firefox unfortunatly.

Michael

3DGFXStudios
06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Didn't know that there where still people using the internet explorer?

prometheus
06-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Didn't know that there where still people using the internet explorer?

I hardly do, but works decent as I mentioned when checking mailbox from hotmail since you do not have to login twice, as you have to do with firefox.

tried chrome, but hated the lack of interface and not knowing where files where saved etc.

firefox I like mostly, except for when having to many windows open and checking flash movies, the plugin container could halt or crash, but thatīs with a lot of windows open mostly.

If Iexplorer is Safer than firefox..I do not know?

Michael

3DGFXStudios
06-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I was told firefox was safer than Iexplore.
You can also add your hotmail to outlook. That how I did it. ;)

prometheus
06-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I was told firefox was safer than Iexplore.
You can also add your hotmail to outlook. That how I did it. ;)

Ivé heard the opposite that Iexplorer was safer:)

yeah I suppose I could set the hotmail account in outlook, but by the way, windows mail is supposed to the replacement for outlook I think, donīt think there is any support for outlook any more and that it is recomended to use windows mail?

But I rather have firefox able to simply login if I use that as standard browser and using messenger.

Not sure, I thought you have to use a pay service in order to save down hotmail messages, maybe that was from inside hotmail, but If one actually can use windows mail for it, why should one pay for it?

Michael

Amurrell
06-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Windows mail is no longer included with windows since Win 7, so it was Outlook only and you could get Outlook Express (maybe this is windows mail now or something) there with the download of a certain windows package. There was a recent upgrade sent out for Outlook that we use here at work. I personally use Thunderbird.

As far as the original post goes, I think Microsoft just makes an assumption that placing your files in certain predefined areas would be a welcome thing, since it would be easier to find them later, however you should have the chioce to have Iexplorer point where ever you want or at least the last directory used. I stay away from Iexplorer, unless I have to do something for work, since FF doesn't support cross platform stuff, at least that is the error I get when checking payroll stuff, and Outlook is limited through FF just enough to make things a bit annoying, so again to explorer. Other than that I'm in FF for many reasons.

3DGFXStudios
06-11-2012, 02:38 AM
I meant windows mail :D. haha I'm a bit stuck with the old names ;)

prometheus
06-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Windows mail is no longer included with windows since Win 7, so it was Outlook only and you could get Outlook Express (maybe this is windows mail now or something) there with the download of a certain windows package. There was a recent upgrade sent out for Outlook that we use here at work. I personally use Thunderbird.

As far as the original post goes, I think Microsoft just makes an assumption that placing your files in certain predefined areas would be a welcome thing, since it would be easier to find them later, however you should have the chioce to have Iexplorer point where ever you want or at least the last directory used.

Microsoft makes an absolutly stupid assumption in that case if they think people would want to save all different images in same folder, I shouldnīt have to browse through folders everytime I save one single image, if I choose to save cloud images in a cloud image folder, and continue to browse from different sites, it will jump back to the main image folder instead of keeping record of the last saved session cloud folder, I canīt see any way to change that, so this is not a welcome thing.

I prefer firefox too..

I got windows live mail with my windows 7, so I donīt quite figure what you mean about windows mail, not the same?

I set up two accounts, my work mail and my hotmail, it all worked just fine to gather every mail I have there, and it is actually now more sortable instead of using hotmail directly, much easier to sort by topic etc, and I can actually directly save down the messages to hard disk archive if neccessary.

Michael

Amurrell
06-11-2012, 04:43 PM
About the mail thing, my Windows didn't come with mail packaged and I would have to DL the Widows Live stuff to get it. No biggie though since I don't use it anyway and Outlook came with Office so....

I think the image location stuff is for people who don't know how to organize a computer well or something so they have stuff that you put on your computer fall into those default libraries and then every other product they develop looks there. (you know the Pictures, Downloads, Videos... places) I agree it is annoying.