PDA

View Full Version : spline patching...

renderingfarmer
10-25-2003, 08:26 PM
When making spline patches is it possible to EASILY transport the newly created polygons into a second layer? I'm having trouble keeping an overview with the various splines and their respective patches intersecting and overlapping, and it's a royal pain to stop, select everything and move it manually every step of the way.

Anyway advice? Thanks in advance.

evenflcw
10-25-2003, 10:05 PM
You might find that AutopatcherMK has a better workflow for this than the regular Patch function, as it deselects the splines and selects the newly created polygons.

There are however 3rd party scripts/plugins that will do the next step aswell, copy polygons to a second layer (always keeping the spline layer in foreground, and polys in background). So I would suggest you visit Flay.com and have a look in their plugin-database. I think there is one called PatchHelper.

renderingfarmer
10-25-2003, 10:07 PM
alrighty. Thanks a bunch, I'll try that.

danilo
10-26-2003, 03:14 AM
deselect all
click w
go to polygon statistics
click + on faces
copy to new layer

danilo

renderingfarmer
10-26-2003, 07:24 AM
oh haha, duh! Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'm so dumb.
But that's why I love LW, there is always a simple solution somewhere.

tburbage
11-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Also, if you have two or more layers set as foreground layers, the curves can be on a layer below and the mesh will be created on the topmost foreground layer. You can use this fact to "build up" a mesh on one layer while keeping the curve network on a separate one (without having to select/copy/paste).