PDA

View Full Version : BOB not responding...new user..HELP

davalvideo
10-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Hi,
I am setting up my VT3 for the first time this evening. I did not have a VT2. I thought I had set everything up correctly in terms of where the VT-1 through 5 cables were supposed to go. My dealer and the manual both described the process the same way. After I hooked everything up, including my D-9 decks and fired up my VT3's virtual BOB, all I saw was that the BOB was not detected. Does this mean that I somehow misplugged my cables, or could there be another answer. It's Saturday night and I don't expect to hear from my dealer until Monday so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!!:)

Jim Capillo
10-25-2003, 08:56 PM
I would start by re-checking all your cabling - I had mine messed up, it's real easy to do.

Do any of the led's come on when you boot up?

Did you buy from Blaine?

davalvideo
10-26-2003, 05:59 AM
I will check my cabling yet again, although I did so many times last night. The LEDs do not come on when I boot and yes, I did buy from Blaine and did leave a message for him. Thanks, Jim.

eon5
10-26-2003, 06:09 AM
excuse my words, but...

SX8 need power conection (the same that DK7)... you plugged it?

SBowie
10-26-2003, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I had the same idea - you need to run a floppy-style power connector to the SX-8 daughter card. Did you do that?

davalvideo
10-26-2003, 08:19 AM
I started up my compuyter and VT3 this morning and what do you know...I saw LEDs lit on the BOB. Can't understand why it didn;t work last night since nothing was changed at all. Oh well, at least I'm in business. Thank you for all of your suggestions.

dml
10-26-2003, 09:08 AM
What you are probably experiencing is the random BOB works, BOB doesn't work that has affected the Toaster since build 3480i.

Here's the solution. Launch Toaster. If you video inputs are active, great, get to work!

If not, close down the Toaster software. Press Control Alt Delete and launch Task Manager. Click on Processes. Highlight the winrtme.exe file and click on End Process. Answer yes to the prompt box. Close all the windows you have opened.

Relaunch Toaster. Your video inputs will now be active.

Optionally, at the desktop click on Start, go to Program. go to Toaster (or VT3 or whatever) go to Utilities, drag the KillWinRTME icon onto your desktop. Use that button to kill WINRTME instead of the previous process I explained.

This is a fairly common problem with the VT[3]. It should be made available as common knowledge for the Toaster.

Matt Drabick