PDA

View Full Version : Female Head Texture

3DBOX
03-03-2003, 08:53 AM
I kind of like this one. I知 getting ready to start over and need a little advice. First of all I need any ideas to make her look more real. Second, no matter how I texture this, I still get stretching around the nostrils. Makes the nose look really funny. I unwrapped a cendrical map. It does the same with my UV's. Any URL's to show me what I知 doing wrong? Or could be doing right? Third, I知 hoping THE RIPPER can give me some tips on how to make my eyes look more realistic. And maybe a few tips on how to soften my skin texture. Please tear it up guys and gals.

C

3DBOX
03-03-2003, 08:58 AM
sorry for big pict

artmarci
03-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Nice texture :)..looks real enough..only the noise and the ear needs some adjustment wel..the ear its looks like its missing something in the middle and the noise skin maybe its a little bad jpeg or something but that grey on the noise wings must not be there..but so far it looks nice :)

Max Wolf
03-03-2003, 11:39 AM
yeah the ears are missing something..

3DBOX
03-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks - yah, I didnt finish the ear. Thought it would be covered by hair.

Max Wolf
03-03-2003, 02:07 PM
can you show us one with the hair?

Rory_L
03-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Looking good so far. You`ve painted the eyelids black all the way in to the eye ball, which is wrong. It would really hurt to mascara the insides of your eyelids, I`d say! Make them skin colour, but shinier and more into the blue range than the rest of her skin.

Then kill some of the reflectivity on the eye white, or use soft reflections.

Also, sink the irises back into the eye more, to avoid the painted on look.

Cheers,

R

oxyg3n
03-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Well,

I like the lips so far, but the makup on the eyes is just way to much for me. I think that she would look much nicer with less makeup or maybe none at all. Perhaps you can make her a "natural beauty"

3DBOX
03-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks a lot -

Rory_L - I知 not sure what you mean. The eye has its own surface so it can稚 receive any texture from the skin. Maybe my lighting makes it look that way. Thanks for the tips on the eye reflections. I have been struggling with that for a while now.

Oxyg3n - you and Rory are right. I need to cut down on the eye shadow. This could fix they eyes from looking like the makeup affects them.

Max Wolf - I didn稚 finish the ears because I thought the hair would cover it. I would have finished the hair if I didn稚 decide to start over.

Anyone think they can help me eliminate the stretching on my maps?

C

oxyg3n
03-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Hello 3dbox,

I am currently texturing a head also and have used the same method as you ( unwraping a cycindrical map. ) I have not had problems with stretching though. I was thinking that maybe your map size is to small. I am not certain if that could cause this problem though. WHat is the image size of your head texture??

For my head I am using 2000x1000 pixels.