PDA

View Full Version : Using still photo as a live set

milphog
06-04-2012, 08:07 AM
How do I use a still photo as a background when using the chroma key function? Thanks

SBowie
06-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Which TriCaster model?

milphog
06-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Tcxd850

SBowie
06-04-2012, 08:49 AM
OK, thanks. This is very simple to set up. Configure your keyer using the tools in the Input configuration panel. Assign that source to Input A in a Vritual input pane. Add the photo to a Media Player and set that source as Input B. Done. By the way, not that I mind replying here, just fyi -this process if one of the introductory lessons in the Walkthrough chapter near the beginning of the manual.

jmmultex
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Hi Milphog,

A couple of other things to keep in mind if the background is supposed to simulate a real environment:

- Make sure the lighting in the studio conforms to the implied lighting in the image - in both direction and temperature.

- Make sure that the scale of everything is correct

- Consider using a photo with DOF in it if there is visual depth in the background. This can be simulated using Photoshop.

- Color balance everything.

Good luck!
John

joseburgos
06-05-2012, 07:54 AM
FYI: The processing amp on each input is post LiveMatte. This means you can change the video to match the background/LiveSet without ruining your key.
I do this in one shape or another for every single LiveMatte shot I have done and I've done plenty. Makes it a lot easier than trying to use say an orange key light on talent but flag it so as not to spill on green screen.

Take care,

jamestownhodag
10-24-2012, 04:02 PM
How about in a studio?