PDA

View Full Version : Achieve random wiggle in the style of AfterEffects

AbstractTech3D
06-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi There

A problem I've had for quite a while has been to try to achieve a bit of a radomized hand-heldcamera motion / rotation in the style that can easily be achieved in AfterEffects using wiggle expressions. Esp. the sort of thing that Andrew Kramer demonstrates often.

The noise channel effectors in the graph editor just don't seem to yield the same style results. Not sure why. I guess it has to do with the noise generating algorithm.

There must be a way to do it, however, using an appropriate procedural texture setting. However, I've yet to have landed on a result that I'm happy with. So far just getting results that definitely look random, but not the kind of ('smoothed' perhaps) hand held style…

Hopefully this makes sense!

Could anyone advise on this?

Thanks!

XswampyX
06-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Have a look here.

What's wrong with it?

Edit :- Doh, no movement in the camera.... Try moving the camera from right to left over the 240 frames. My bad.

AbstractTech3D
06-04-2012, 04:23 AM
Actually, that's really quite nice!

Thanks XswampyX, I'll be using similar set-ups...

Danner
06-04-2012, 10:24 AM
XswampyX you are so generous with your time and knowledge, We see you in tons of threads helping people, just wanted to say I apreciate how you make this comunity a better place.

There are many ways to do this, (isn't there always?) One way is to record your mose movements (first rotation then movement for example) while layout is in play with auto create key, experiment using different frame rates. Another way would be to make the camera move in AfterFX, Aura(mirage tvpaint), Fusion, or any other app that can export motions we can import in LW. You could go for true realism if you track a shot with syntheyes or similar, or I bet someone somewhere has posted a camera move in bhv you could use.. just thinking out loud.

jeric_synergy
06-04-2012, 11:01 AM
What Danner said. :agree:

archijam
06-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Nice, swampy !

Also, check this out, has a camera shake option in the rig:

http://www.artstorm.net/journal/2011/10/camera-rig-lightwave-3d/

Spinland
03-30-2013, 08:12 AM
THANK YOU, XSWAMPYX! I didn't know how to drive position channels with textures, though in principle I knew there had to be a way. Your generously-shared example above showed me exactly where I needed to be looking, and solved my current problem.

Thank you again! :beerchug:

OnlineRender
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM
out of interest can you perhaps IK the camera then add an expression

XswampyX
03-30-2013, 07:20 PM
THANK YOU, XSWAMPYX! I didn't know how to drive position channels with textures, though in principle I knew there had to be a way. Your generously-shared example above showed me exactly where I needed to be looking, and solved my current problem.

Thank you again! :beerchug:

No problem! Glad you found it useful. :D

wesleycorgi
03-31-2013, 12:02 AM
How about the Jolt! motion modifier in the camera motion options? There's a good discussion here: http://www.liberty3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=931