PDA

View Full Version : Keep your street clean, it may not look good on Google

JonW
05-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Google has been photographing some streets in Sydney while our 6 monthly rubbish collection is in progress.

At least you will have a faithful photograph if you are doing a 3d montage!

goakes
05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
That's Funny!

rcallicotte
05-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Made me laugh. Thanks.

Matt
05-31-2012, 07:58 PM
while our 6 monthly rubbish collection is in progress

You only get your rubbish taken every 6 months?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!

JonW
05-31-2012, 09:09 PM
You only get your rubbish taken every 6 months?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!

This is the clean up for old grand pianos, unused edwardian dining suites & other generally warn out items! Actually the TV in the photo will not be collected. It should go out in the E-waste collection, with all the plasma TVs etc & pre-iPod Hifi equipment.

meshpig
06-01-2012, 01:52 AM
Yeah we've just moved out of the inner city where you could dump anything anytime out the back and it would be removed the next day... like I once left an entire roof and all the insulation, no problem. Needless to say the rates are cheaper here.

biliousfrog
06-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Wow, in the UK the waste/recycling places are so picky about what they'll take that fly-tipping is rife. I've even known the rubbish collections to refuse to empty a bin because the lid couldn't be completely closed.

safetyman
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
We have the same sort of thing here about every 3-4 months. People come around in trucks to take what they want before the county folks get there to haul it all away. I put out an old tube TV once and it sat outside for 3 days before someone snagged it. If it's not an LCD, you can't give it away it seems.

JamesCurtis
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
We have the same sort of thing here about every 3-4 months. People come around in trucks to take what they want before the county folks get there to haul it all away. I put out an old tube TV once and it sat outside for 3 days before someone snagged it. If it's not an LCD, you can't give it away it seems.

How true!!

meatycheesyboy
06-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow, in the UK the waste/recycling places are so picky about what they'll take that fly-tipping is rife. I've even known the rubbish collections to refuse to empty a bin because the lid couldn't be completely closed.

In our town in he good ol' US of A, the trash collection company (a private entity contracted through the government) has been known to tip bins over into people's yards if they didn't meet the standards set to take them away (such as not being closed completely). When called out on it, they invariably blame the homeowner for it not being taken and the wind for knocking it over. ;)