PDA

View Full Version : LW to Video ??

prospector
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I've noticed my older animations (ie; as far back as LW 3 on the Toaster/Flyer) and even most newer ones (LW 9 and 10 on the Toaster) seem to be not so good on newer TVs (old 4 X 3, newer 1080p), and especially the texturing and fine detail...(looking kinda blocky and not highly defined as it looks om comp monitor).
I still set Photoshop to 72 pixels (older TV size) and it seems that all photos from LW are 72 pixels.

Is there any way to increase this to something like 150 or 300 pixels so it would be highly detailed on a TV screen ?

Going to switch everything to 1080p (1920 X 1080) for renders.....so..

Good render size?
Good Photoshop pixel size?

And will have to look into it but does even the Toasterboard even do hi-def other than just making something widescreen ???

Looking at Newteks main page...there isn't even a Toaster listed anymore....

Will I have to go for something else to get 1080p out ?

Newtek? Some help here on any of your products?
As I would really like to stay with all Newtek products in pipeline.

UnCommonGrafx
05-30-2012, 12:54 PM
No, to the very last question.

My biggest suggestion would be to get an hdtv for your computer (ha, or a wire to the one you have) as that is the best way to see your work.
Yes, work done in the old resolution looks ... old.

Rendering at hires is the first fix; higher/better aa would be the second.
Lastly, checking out some of the newer 'papers' that have come out on lw about compositing and linear colorspace are a must for the new power that is 11.

BeeVee
05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
"all photos from LW are 72 pixels"

LightWave doesn't set a DPI for its renders, Photoshop just adds a default value. DPI is only useful for print, not video - an HD screen at 1920x1080 has exactly 2,073,600 pixels, no more no less on display.

B

prospector
05-31-2012, 01:36 AM
So all renders should be 1920 X 1080 ?

And the Toaster will work with this ? Using Speed Edit ?

Thanks

BeeVee
05-31-2012, 02:00 PM
If it's for the Toaster I think it'll need to be NTSC/(PAL?) D1, so teeny tiny in comparison since I don't think there's an HD Toaster? I believe SpeedEdit can work on any scale animation, it's not limited to TV res, but it has been a long time since I used it.

B