PDA

View Full Version : Can Tricaster 450 stream live to youtube?

Living Smart TV
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Can Tricaster 450 stream live to youtube?

pdxJoe
05-31-2012, 09:41 AM
yes.

Spacebacon
06-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I believe you need a YouTube account that allows for streaming. I thought only a select few actually have that option.

simocast
06-05-2012, 03:22 AM
I believe you need a YouTube account that allows for streaming. I thought only a select few actually have that option.

Hi all, how is it possible to request live streaming function to youtube? We have requested to youtube to become a partner, but without high video viewers counter or any video loaded on your own channel their answer was not positive, so we have only an empty channel :(!!!
Around the web we found many post explaining how stream in live mode but we did not find anything about how request to youtube the function implementation to you own channel.

Thanks to everybody...

NachoJimenez
06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Ive streamed to youtube live for a customer with a XD850. No problem whatsoever, just put the rtmp and streamid from youtube live into your tricaster.

Unluckily there seems to be no way of "asking" for youtube live. Some customers of mine have it, and it works really well.

Living Smart TV
06-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Ive streamed to youtube live for a customer with a XD850. No problem whatsoever, just put the rtmp and streamid from youtube live into your tricaster.

Are you mixing streaming to and from youtube in one sentence here by purpose? :)

joseburgos
06-05-2012, 10:52 AM
He is saying all you need is the RTMP and the Stream ID and you get this from YouTube :)

NachoJimenez
06-05-2012, 01:09 PM
English is not my first language, Im afraid.

Thanks Jose! Thats it exactly. Get the stream info FROM your youtube live configuration screen, and put it IN your Tricaster streaming settings in order to send the stream TO youtube live. Gosh feels like living in Sesame Street.

Actually, youtube live gives you two different alternate methods for streaming, using an akamai account or a regular rtmp based streaming. If you have an akamai account, you can use your usual configuration and integrate it with youtube live.

simocast
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi all, I created a youtube channel from our gmail account. Without loading any video we compiled the youtube form to request to be a partner and have the livestream option in our yt control panel, after few days we received an email from [email protected] That say youtube could not accept our request because there were not enough viewer on our channel.....it is incredible.

Before we have to load only video for vod and after may be the yt partner request should be accepted only if you have never disabled the advertising option on your video.

Are there any other way to obtain live streaming option?

Thanks to everybody

csandy
06-06-2012, 07:29 AM
English is not my first language, Im afraid.

Don't apologize. You did write it correctly. English can be a bit ambiguous. People get paid a lot of money to take advantage of the inherent ambiguity in the language.

While you can't ask for access to YouTube Live, being a partner will not guarantee you access either. I've been a YouTube partner for about a year, and finally decided to log in a check it out just to test it with TriCaster - but lo and behold - no access to YouTube Live.

pdxJoe
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
It is a big deal to youtube to be provided with livestreaming access.

It's kind of obvious that they don't have a strong offering in the space.

The last client I worked with that used youtube live required direct communication with google to enable the account. Then when we wanted to stream multiple bit rates, it was another round of approvals.

Joe

tvfreemedia
06-10-2012, 05:16 PM
YouTube is being smart by reserving live streaming permissions from the masses on YouTube. There is enough horrible content on there as it is without everyone being able to livecast themselves 24/7 for free. we've worked with a couple of channels that have live permissions and see YouTube Live as a great place to broadcast in HD and use the Tricaster to capture|share events live with the world in a very convenient and viewer driven way. Keep emailing google, asking questions and creating quality content, you'll get the permissions. Here are a few sources of information and easy instructions for streaming on YouTube.

Enabling non-profit live streaming on youtube
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2590024
Help Section on Google
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&guide=2474025&page=guide.cs
Good video tutorials done by a YouTube channel
http://youtu.be/ie4E-5tMY5k

From the help forum
In order to ensure a great live stream viewing experience, we plan to roll this offering out incrementally. If your account is enabled for live streaming, you’ll see a promotion when you log in and visit your channel page. We know many of our partners are excited about the possibility of live streaming on YouTube. If you find you have not been enabled, we welcome your enthusiasm but kindly ask for your patience. There is no process for requesting live streaming for your account - just make sure that your account is in good standing and that you remain an active uploader who respects YouTube’s community guidelines. We’re working hard to enable the feature to as many partners as possible over. We will keep you updated as the roll-out expands. Thanks in advance for your enthusiasm, understanding, and patience.

Hope this helps.
tv free media

brians0105
05-15-2013, 04:37 PM
As part of Google's I/O Conference, YouTube announced they'll be opening up Live Streaming to Verified Partners with more than 1,000 subscribers. So they're opening the feature up to more accounts. One of our business projects qualifies, so I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Brian

doabgah
11-05-2015, 03:21 AM
Thanks all,

I am trying to live streaming on YouTube.
I am streaming on live stream.