PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Export Question

Snosrap
05-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Is there anyway to get one PSD file containing all the buffers in order from the new Compositing Buffer Export in LW11? I don't have AE or any other compositor and work with stills only, so I was hoping I could get a layered PSD.

Jim M
05-29-2012, 08:19 AM
I think you are supposed to set it to rendered output and then set the output to a supported layer format. In my experience it doesn't work. Sometimes you get a radiosity channel sometimes you get a depth for example.

Currently you can either PSD Export for a layered file, or Compositing Buffer Export and use Image files as seperate ones, or other more complicated methods.

AFIAK

Snosrap
05-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the reply. I need to do more research.

Jim M
05-30-2012, 03:12 AM
I would suggest saving as a layered PSD [There are limitations with PSD export bare in mind]
Ctrl F8 ...Add image filter ...Photoshop PSD export.
Then look at how it sets the blending modes up.

Then use Compositing Buffer Export, or a more flexible method. And as you are doing stills its no big deal to drag 20 images into a document, it will layer the mfor you, you just have to rearrange and set blending modes and so on.

Snosrap
05-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Super! Thanks. But can you explain some of this to me? Why do some of the layers come into PS with the layer off and the layer highlighted in a different color? See attached. Thanks again.