PDA

View Full Version : Side by side stereoscopic compilation?

prometheus
05-29-2012, 06:30 AM
Im really a newbie at stereoscopic rendering, never cared for it that much really, but I would like to test this on my brothers TV wich uses the side by side mode for stereoscopic images.

Now is there any free tools available to compile this to the side by side mode? or some tutorial covering how to do that manually?

I do have After Effects and premiere CS3 so if someone knows how to set it up there..
I would be thankful.

Using Lightwave 11 64 bit build 2238

Cheers
Michael

DrStrik9
05-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Why not update to build 2253? (It fixes some bugs.)

If you render stereo without anaglyph, LW gives you the left eye first, then the right eye. Just compose those in AE or Premier. Unfortunately I don't think there's a side-by-side comp option in LW.

A suggestion: evaluate eye-spacing with anaglyph in ogl using some red-blue glasses.

Another suggestion: use one null for both stereo convergence and DOF. Make sure all object and camera names are lower case, then in the Convergence Point Envelope : Modifiers : add Rel_Channeler. For X, type "GAP(camera,convergence-null,t)" (case-sensitive)

XswampyX
05-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I knocked this up for you.

:D

dwburman
05-29-2012, 08:36 PM
One of the cameras in the Ubercam plugin from Liberty3D.com is a Stereocam that lets you render side-by-side right out of LightWave. If you're interested, it's currently 25% off for another day or two. :)

Otherwise, just turn stereoscopic on and render it out. I think LW will add L and R to the file name (though I'm not sure) about that, then just make your AE project doublewide and put the left image on the left side and the right image on the right side. If the TV is like YouTube, you'll end up needing to keep the comp size normal and squeeze your lw renders. At least that's how I'd approach testing the TV.

prometheus
05-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Why not update to build 2253? (It fixes some bugs.)

If you render stereo without anaglyph, LW gives you the left eye first, then the right eye. Just compose those in AE or Premier. Unfortunately I don't think there's a side-by-side comp option in LW.

A suggestion: evaluate eye-spacing with anaglyph in ogl using some red-blue glasses.

Another suggestion: use one null for both stereo convergence and DOF. Make sure all object and camera names are lower case, then in the Convergence Point Envelope : Modifiers : add Rel_Channeler. For X, type "GAP(camera,convergence-null,t)" (case-sensitive)

Havenīt had the need for it to do so currently, and heard there were some issues with it for daz import and turbulenceFD etc, and it hardly brings any feature or bug fix to stereographics as I know.

I knocked this up for you.

:D
Thanks swampy.
:thumbsup:

One of the cameras in the Ubercam plugin from Liberty3D.com is a Stereocam that lets you render side-by-side right out of LightWave. If you're interested, it's currently 25% off for another day or two. :)

Otherwise, just turn stereoscopic on and render it out. I think LW will add L and R to the file name (though I'm not sure) about that, then just make your AE project doublewide and put the left image on the left side and the right image on the right side. If the TV is like YouTube, you'll end up needing to keep the comp size normal and squeeze your lw renders. At least that's how I'd approach testing the TV.

Yes I know it adds L and R to the filename, so I was just wondering how to set it up in after effects, and I thought it might work with just the double wide setup in after effects and putting them next to each other, but I wasnīt sure thatīs just it, should it just be like that every frame, and not every other frame or something?

And what fomat is suitable to compile the finished movie in?

Cheers

Michael