PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster 450 and TimeWarp

hughdemand
05-27-2012, 07:51 AM
I plan on using TimeWarp to "chop" my recorded video on the fly. After the streaming event is completed I will edit and upload individal events (from a track meet). Chopping the video on the fly gives me small files to work with and they are sequentially numbered.

I will be using a TC450 instead of my own Studio TC. This gives rise to some questions.

1. Must I "enable" the ADD to DDR Playlist to use the TimeWarp ?

2. On the TC450 there is no "RECORD LIVE REPLAY" light. Must I operate on blind faith that it is in fact being recorded, or I guess the counter beside the RECORD gear would indicate this.

3. For RECORDING I would like to choose my external HD as the destination. Will this work?

4. Are the clips in the DDR Playlist just markers for the file which would be on my external HD or are they actually files on the DDR ?

5. How do I gracefully disconnect my external HD without potential issues ?

Thanks

Whit

SBowie
05-27-2012, 03:00 PM
1. Must I "enable" the ADD to DDR Playlist to use the TimeWarp ?No.

2. On the TC450 there is no "RECORD LIVE REPLAY" light. Must I operate on blind faith that it is in fact being recorded, or I guess the counter beside the RECORD gear would indicate this.That and the illuminated Record button.

3. For RECORDING I would like to choose my external HD as the destination. Will this work?If by "External" you mean a suitable drive inserted in the removable drive bay, then yes.

4. Are the clips in the DDR Playlist just markers for the file which would be on my external HD or are they actually files on the DDR ?They are actual files on your HD - the playlist icons simply refer to these, and removing clips from the playlist does not delete them from the drive.

5. How do I gracefully disconnect my external HD without potential issues ?There's an eject feature up by the exit button on the Live Desktop (there's one in Startup as well.)

hughdemand
05-27-2012, 06:24 PM
No.
That and the illuminated Record button.
If by "External" you mean a suitable drive inserted in the removable drive bay, then yes.
They are actual files on your HD - the playlist icons simply refer to these, and removing clips from the playlist does not delete them from the drive.
There's an eject feature up by the exit button on the Live Desktop (there's one in Startup as well.)

Thanks Steve; further to that discussion......

I am not sure of we purchased an additional drive for the bay. What if I were to RECORD to an external drive connected via an USB port?

If I chop the video by using TimeWarp, there will only be one copy of the video files on the TC. But if I enable Save to DDR, will I get two copies (which would be nice) of the video file(s); one in the selected location and another on DDR1 ?

Thanks

Whit

SBowie
05-28-2012, 06:50 AM
I am not sure of we purchased an additional drive for the bay. What if I were to RECORD to an external drive connected via an USB port?No, don't do that. USB really isn't fast enough for the purpose. You don't need to buy a drive with the system. Drives are quite cheap these days, and available almost anywhere.

If I chop the video by using TimeWarp, there will only be one copy of the video files on the TC. But if I enable Save to DDR, will I get two copies (which would be nice) of the video file(s); one in the selected location and another on DDR1 ?No, just one file. Easily copied manually, mind you. The DDR playlist always simply refers to files that 'live' elsewhere ... that's just how it works.

hughdemand
05-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Once again, thanks, Steve

Whit

csandy
05-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Canadians are always so pleasant.

SBowie
05-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Canadians are always so pleasant.We do try ... (but then again, I'm met a few that weren't, so there ya go). :)