PDA

View Full Version : A poem by the world's richest woman...

meshpig
05-27-2012, 03:24 AM
This is just for amusement.

The world's richest woman is apparently now Gina Reinhardt, the daughter of the deceased Australian mining magnate Lang Hancock who discovered the vast iron ore resources in this country in the late 1950's.

She is a rather large and unattractive woman perhaps like Jackie O was in reality but seemingly the likes of perverse and ignominious frauds, Lord Monckton being amongst them, find her attractive... because she also writes poetry?

To fill you in on the link, "Q&A" is an Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) production and the "Chasers" are a comedy outfit who do journalistic comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic_5JR65WGM

Enjoy!

JonW
05-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Fair Go For Billionaires!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyxTX8ozLGI&feature=fvwp

meshpig
05-27-2012, 11:20 PM
... a fair go indeed:D

JonW
05-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Fair Go For Billionaires!

This video is very subtle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I175GQG1fEA&feature=relmfu

mattc
05-28-2012, 09:50 PM
I cannot stand that individual...

djwaterman
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Really guys? On a CG forum?

akaracquel
05-30-2012, 07:18 AM
:lol: Amusing Aussie magnet thread :D

jeric_synergy
05-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Really guys? On a CG forum?
Agreed.

JonW
05-30-2012, 04:12 PM
I't important that the complete supply chain of a product from mineral to a computer is responsibly made.

As much as we have problems here wrecking our environment. It's a larger issue in the Congo with people dying mining by hand because it's cheaper than digging up the same minerals here.

meshpig
06-01-2012, 05:51 AM
I't important that the complete supply chain of a product from mineral to a computer is responsibly made.

As much as we have problems here wrecking our environment. It's a larger issue in the Congo with people dying mining by hand because it's cheaper than digging up the same minerals here.

Loyang (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ak6BZ4-cXAE-VOeEgTxQkg) from some amateur photo blog. I lived 50k's East of this in the 80's and find it equally amusing that people bother to complain about wind farms.

- "Really guys? On a CG forum?" LIke my home economics teacher used to say 'when holding a dinner party, never talk about religion or politics':cool:

It's none the less what people do and more or less inescapable besides.

JonW
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Loyang (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ak6BZ4-cXAE-VOeEgTxQkg) from some amateur photo blog. I lived 50k's East of this in the 80's and find it equally amusing that people bother to complain about wind farms.

It's pretty sad that we are still lighting fires to power our computers!

Not only is the mine attractive! The power stations look great & the mountains of coal & the thousands of tons continually transported each day (one only has to drive through the Hunter Valley). Plus people forget that a family uses an additional 500 litres of water every week that is lost in steam to generate their electricity. & this in a country that is normally short of water!

Or we could have a dual use supply. A farm below & power above. & everything is still green.

Attached, wind farm near Cairns:

warmiak
06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
It's pretty sad that we are still lighting fires to power our computers!

Not only is the mine attractive! The power stations look great & the mountains of coal & the thousands of tons continually transported each day (one only has to drive through the Hunter Valley). Plus people forget that a family uses an additional 500 litres of water every week that is lost in steam to generate their electricity. & this in a country that is normally short of water!

Or we could have a dual use supply. A farm below & power above. & everything is still green.

Attached, wind farm near Cairns:

Well, you got your wind farms - that covers about 2% of Australia's electricity demand.

Dream on.

JonW
06-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Well, you got your wind farms - that covers about 2% of Australia's electricity demand.

Dream on.

We are good at digging up coal!

We supply the world's largest % of coal. This is expected to increase 6 fold in the coming years.

I wish I had bought some Queensland Rail shares!

We will save a bit of coal with 4 planned smelter shutdowns in the coming months, saving 17,000 Kwh of electricity per ton of aluminium, due to the coming global recession.

meshpig
06-05-2012, 03:00 AM
The fact that we have plenty of coal and are the biggest exporters in the world has kept the economy pretty stable for decades. Then periodically, the massive influx of foreign capital larger than the national debt completely freaks everything out... the mining "boom".

The fact that wind power figures at all in the overall energy equation is evidence of much more stable times as 10 000 coal seam gas licences are pending in NSW alone. We're set to have about 40 000 of them in cities too, drawing gazillions of litres of water which is then rendered as waste. That to me is evidence of an unthinking panic and that we're no longer a significant agricultural producer.

State Governments can't hand over enough loot like the mining industry is temporarily running the country...to the tune of several billion dollars in state subsidies (QLD and NSW) on top of the usual $10 bil pa. Federal hand out for the fossil fuel industry.

- We have lots of LNG too but how do you explain the fact that a gas heater will cost you a $1100 and a technologically equivalent electric heater about $100?

Why when a power generator is privatised the price of electricity goes up by %17 pa. and all the usage zoning gets narky are people worried about a fully compensated carbon tax?:)