PDA

View Full Version : VSE Template

PSith
05-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Need Help Please!
how can I make a virtual set template for VSE ?
My boss need me to build a Set that he can change LOGO and replace background " Like a template that came with VSE ".

Eric Pratt
05-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Photoshop would probably be the best place to start, if it's something simple like a gradient background or something similar. They're just layers that you can change and turn on and off in VSE.
Or <shameless plug>www.virtualset.com/Tricaster-Virtual-Set-Editor/index.htm (http://www.virtualset.com/platforms/Tricaster-Virtual-Set-Editor/index.htm)</plug>

PSith
06-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks for ur comment, Eric.
Change a background or Logo in Photoshop is not a big deal for me. but my client he doesn't know how to use Photoshop. and he need me to build a Virtual Set file that he can change the background or Logo by using VSE like he did with a Template that came along VSE. How can I compile a Virtual Set Template?

Eric Pratt
06-05-2012, 06:39 AM
You need to specify a layer just for the screen and name it 'input b'
Size the raw_gradient.exr file to where you want the b source displayed.
VSE will let you map either a live input, or a graphic to any area defined this way.

SBowie
06-05-2012, 06:52 AM
I would suggest spending a little time with the VSE manual, and then examine some of the sample psd files supplied with VSE.

PSith
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Eric, Thanks. i'll try to do.
Steve, I didn't get any information about VSE template from VSE manual.

SBowie
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Steve, I didn't get any information about VSE template from VSE manual.The manual touches on PSD import, and templates are basically just PSDs imported into VSE (thus turned into VSE projects). VSE ships with sample PSD files to examine.

PSith
06-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks, Steve.
I just take a look Advance Desk PSD example file, it's not easy to understand. but i'll try.

nitnit
07-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the whole live set editor, and I want to create my own virtual set.

Now, if i were to create a virtual set inside lightwave or 3ds max, is there a specific codec I need to export/save my project so that photoshop can then read it?

If I were to create depth, shadows and reflection inside my 3D software, will those layers be retain inside Photoshop, and then be later open inside the Virtual Set Editor for further tweaks?

Sorry in advanced if these questions has been answered in previous posts.

Thank you for your help.

joseburgos
07-07-2012, 06:48 AM
FP Image format like OpenEXR as far as still image format.
Anything rendered into the image stays but as far as interactive reflections, I suggest you view the sample PDF that came with VSE,
No interactive shadows.

Eric Pratt
07-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Nit,
I use .png files for the graphics and .exr for the talent and b source data.
Reflections are encoded as part of the talent and b source data (take care to make sure your reflections are 100% because a transparent value will just mix the pixel with black creating a pixel that is not in it's appropriate place).
I add shadows upon customer request based on the number of talent, this implies the talent remain fixed (sometimes I'll do two layers, one person shadow on one layer and another person shadow on another so customers can turn this on and off in VSE)
Depth isn't handled by VSE, yet. I usually do a depth map just because it's easy to let people do dof in post on their end if they like but if you know you want dof you can just do that in the initial render

nitnit
07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Thank you both. I'll give it a shot.