PDA

View Full Version : Package Scene

daz1761
05-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I've got to the point where I need to take everything off my laptop and transfer on to another computer to render. I'm aware of package scene, but when I've used it in the past its messed up my root directory. How do I get it so it will take copies off everything it needs, and places them into a separate folder with: objects, scenes, dynamics, etc with out changing any paths on my computer?

Also, is it safer to render as an image supposed to a quicktime file?

Thanks

nickdigital
05-25-2012, 03:15 PM
I've got to the point where I need to take everything off my laptop and transfer on to another computer to render. I'm aware of package scene, but when I've used it in the past its messed up my root directory. How do I get it so it will take copies off everything it needs, and places them into a separate folder with: objects, scenes, dynamics, etc with out changing any paths on my computer?

Also, is it safer to render as an image supposed to a quicktime file?

Thanks

Are you trying to package up just one scene or the whole Content directory? If it's the whole Content Directory you could just copy that. What do you mean by "messed up my root directory? I've only used Package Scene a couple times and it collected everything into a folder that was setup fine if I used that as a new Content directory.

If you're rendering an animation sequence you should do it to frames first and then build those into a movie file.

daz1761
05-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Sorry, yes its just 1 scene with lots of object files, dynamic saves and a few images for UV maps. The thing is they are all buried away in lots of sub folders on my laptop hard drive. I just want copies in a new folder so when I drag them across to my render computer they will open okay. yes, last time it saved to my desktop rather than my "lw folder" but it reopened and changed everything so I had to point to pretty much all files like images etc.

nickdigital
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
I just did a Package Scene on one of my scene files and it collected my Image, Objects and PFX file all into a new Content directory on my desktop. Now the folder structure of where my original files doesn't match my new Content directory but the packaged scene loads up as expected.

daz1761
05-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Yeah, same here I just went for it, its created all the folders, objects, etc but I am concerned about where my .mdd files have gone that I exported from bullet dynamics? I only have the legacy stuff, i.e. .pfx, etc

I wonder if its the 4th one in the dynamics folder with the extension .dynacache

daz1761
05-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Just changed my content directory back to my usual folder on the fly and my Dr wheel expressions threw a error message and stopped working. Just quit and relaunched and luckily they are the same.

daz1761
05-25-2012, 04:15 PM
That is the last time I do that!!

Ive had to completely set up my Dr. Wheel again due to some parenthesis error and now every time I quit my scene on my other computer its asking for a rube_1_v009.cache file??

I've tried doing a spotlight search on my laptop and cant find nothing of that description