PDA

View Full Version : Saving to the framebuffer over a network

frank.leggett
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi,

Just got the tricaster so I'm still learning. I have read in the manual you can save files directly to the framebuffer from another computer but I can't access the tricaster from my laptop on the network. The laptop works the other way because LiveText is working and I can load media off the laptop from the tricaster. Whenever I try to log into the tricaster it justs says unknown user or password. I have tried without a password and I have put a password into the tricaster user account for the administrator both haven't worked. Does anyone have any thoughts.

Many thanks
Frank

Lee-AVP
05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Have you turned on file sharing and shared the frame buffer folders?

PIZAZZ
05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Also make sure the network connection you are using on the TriCaster is set to Work not Public.

frank.leggett
05-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the replies, File sharing is on and the network is set to work. I can't get into the tricaster including the shared folders let alone into the Tricaster media folders. It just shows the usual windows log on window and doesn't except the user and password (I have set a password, incase it didn't like there not being one).

Frank

PIZAZZ
05-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Create a new user/password shared to everyone with read and write capabilities enabled.

You might call NewTek cust service and ask them to help you if the dealer that sold you the TriCaster cannot.

frank.leggett
05-24-2012, 12:28 PM
I will try that thanks. I will also call jigsaw24 who sold it and they might be able to help. I just wondered if it was something obvious that I was missing.

thanks for all the replies.
Frank

joseburgos
05-24-2012, 12:36 PM
All you should need do is add a password to the TriCaster and nothing else. I also like to make the password hint the password if its a unit that is shared so that no one freaks out when they can't login :)

PIZAZZ
05-24-2012, 01:06 PM
All you should need do is add a password to the TriCaster and nothing else. I also like to make the password hint the password if its a unit that is shared so that no one freaks out when they can't login :)

I have had hit and miss success with that Jose. I know adding in a user with their own password does work perfectly.

joseburgos
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Good to know if I run into a problem but so far, I have only had "Hits" :)

frank.leggett
05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the advice of setting up a second user on the Tricaster it works and I can now access the framebuffer.
Question:
Is it possible to upload footage into the import folders during a live production if you allow access to the folders from a network? Or will this crash the Tricaster Production?

Just need to solve the HDMI out now which is outputting a NTSC SD resolution when the production is in 1080i PAL

Oh well

PIZAZZ
05-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Glad we could help get you going.

Yes it is possible but not entirely recommended by NewTek. That officially said. I do it all the time. :) But I like to live dangerously. :devil: :D

Ricotin
06-04-2012, 01:25 PM
k

SBowie
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes it is possible but not entirely recommended by NewTek.Hehehehe - "not entirely recommended." I like that. :D

It's basically a 'use your head' thing ... i.e., do not attempt to do a hard drive dump over the network at a time when it would probably pose some risk. OTOH, if you've not got a lot going on and want to transfer a few small clips, you'll likely be just fine.