PDA

View Full Version : animfilename

nickdigital
05-22-2012, 02:01 PM
How does one get the name of the RGB output file? I'm already using SaveRGBPrefix to populate that field. How do I get the output filenamefor a scene that already has that setup?

I found this but the below doesn't do anything.

animfilename
This holds the filename of the animation for the scene.

currentscene_path = Scene().animfilename;

xchrisx
05-22-2012, 04:26 PM
@warnings
@version 2.2
@script generic

generic
{
if(Scene().renderopts[11]) // check if save anim is checked
{
StatusMsg(Scene().animfilename); // display output
}
}

that script worked for me. are you sure it was set prior to running your code?

nickdigital
05-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Hm this isn't working for me. If I change your StatusMsg to Info I get the info popup but it's empty.

And yes there is a RGB file output specified. Just to be clear I want the name of output image files...not movie files.

xchrisx
05-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Ah I misunderstood what you wrote. As far as I know there is not a way to retrieve the Save RGB path. In every script I have written I have to save a copy of the scene and parse it to find the output filename.

nickdigital
05-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Ah I misunderstood what you wrote. As far as I know there is not a way to retrieve the Save RGB path. In every script I have written I have to save a copy of the scene and parse it to find the output filename.

Oh well. Thx tho.

iain_r
05-23-2012, 04:42 AM
Hi,

I used the following to get the path with prefix

@warnings
@version 2.2
@script generic

generic
{
if(Scene().renderopts[12]) // check if save rgb is checked
{
info(Scene().rgbprefix); // display output
}
}

I ran this against the benchmark.lws script and it came up with a path that is not on my machine.

Regards

Iain.

xchrisx
05-23-2012, 07:25 AM
I don't know how I could not have thought of that after all these years thanks iain i will test that later today

nickdigital
05-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Works great Iain. Thx!

iain_r
05-24-2012, 03:12 AM
No problem. There are a lot of options in lscript that aren't documented. I found the rgbprefix on Dodgy's site, but it's not in the pdfs. The renderopts doesn't go up past 8 in the pdfs, however there are more options listed in the SDK. I usually have a look through that and see what could be available, then it's a bit of a guess as to what lscript would accept.

Regards

Iain.