PDA

View Full Version : Export obj Problem

treddie
05-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Hi again.

I have a frustrating problem. I am exporting out an OBJ file from LW11 with some 14 surfaces, but for some reason the UVs on two surfaces are messed up. To test the validity of the lwo file, I can send it to Layout and all of the UVs are correct. It is just the obj that messes up. I have tried rebuilding textures to no avail. The lwo file is a multilayer file because if I try to put everything on one layer, LW screws up even worse...maybe 1 or 2 textures may make it through OK. Has anyone experienced these types of export problems before? I have to export out a single obj because my renderer only accepts a single obj file at this time (beta).

A related question is...Do the export filters in LW9.x work more reliably than later versions?

Thank you for any help.

BeeVee
05-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Be careful you don't have too many UV maps. The OBJ format is cranky about multiple maps.

B

treddie
05-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Bummer. :(

Has anyone tried merging separate OBJ files? That way you could limit the number of maps in each and combine them afterwards. Or will an importer still mess up when it tries to read everything?

treddie
05-21-2012, 06:05 PM
I've decided to pass on LW now. Too flaky. Moving on to C4D since I'm using BodyPaint anyway, and I do not seem to be having any export issues.