PDA

View Full Version : Config files and environment variables?

gravin
05-19-2012, 10:06 PM
So I know how to use a custom shortcut to launch layout or modeler with a specified set of configuration files outside of the default location within the installation directory structure. This has proven to be a wonderful way of managing configurations. Problem is this only works when launching layout or modeler first via a custom shortcut and then opening files from within Lightwave. I was wondering if there isn't a way to have layout and modeler work with my custom config files when opening .lwo and .lws files from windows explorer?

gravin
05-20-2012, 09:02 AM
This is a solution for windows 7 users only. There are built in interfaces for changing this stuff in version of windows before vista but now changing the open action for file types requries either tinkering with the regestry or using a third party tool. :cursin:

I'm using the tool below to add the custom configuration file flags to the open action making it possible to launch modeler or layout by double clicking files in windows explorer. It's a small thing but it makes my life a little easier, or atleast it makes it easier to impulsively open files :thumbsup:

http://izt.name/soft/types/