PDA

View Full Version : Double Box?

ktas
10-24-2003, 12:55 PM
We're preparing to re-vamp our 30 minute evening newscasts. All graphics & animations were created using VT3, and we're going to switch live through VT3.

The dilemma... We cannot figure out how to get a double box to work! (See the News 3 template within Character Generator to get an idea.)

We need to be able to go from a one shot or single shot of our anchor to a double box with our anchor & weather anchor compressed into the two squares and go from that double box to a single shot of our weather anchor.

How do I compress the two sources to fit in the double box? (a DVE maybe?)

I need the two sources in two squares with the double box graphic over it!

I've tried several wipe and compression DVE's (splitting the screen... "H" shortcut key) it kind of does it... kind of because it's not compressed so when we drop out of it the camera positioning is way off... that's why I believe it MUST be compressed.

Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!!!

Paul Lara
10-24-2003, 01:28 PM
VT [3] cannot perform the double box shot you describe as a live function; only as a post process in VT-Edit.

pgrimpo
10-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Get Two T3's! :) That's what I plan on eventually doing :)

-Grimps

ktas
10-30-2003, 05:56 PM
We do have two VT [3]'s... and we are planing on hooking them up. Does this change things? If so, suggestions on hooking them up are very welcome! We have three cameras... Thanks!

PIZAZZ
10-30-2003, 08:53 PM
One thing to be aware of since we have at times used two T3 systems interconnected. The latency issue becomes even more pronounced after you connect the second system inline. This is only really applicable if you are going to be going to IMAG display screens where others can see the live person/s and the screens both at the same time.

Just something to be aware of.

Ian Austen
10-31-2003, 09:23 AM
What is the process using 2 toaster units to achieve two compressed screens on the second toaster unit live program out

and also Paul, Is it possible this could become a dve in the future or is there a limitation in toaster itself similar to the restriction that only allows previews of 2 cameras?

ktas
11-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the input so far guys, any more suggestions would be great!

I'm also curious about Ian's question...

"Is it possible this could become a dve in the future or is there a limitation in toaster itself similar to the restriction that only allows previews of 2 cameras?"

Thanks!

Paul Lara
11-03-2003, 08:19 AM
This is certainly on VT's roadmap. The limitation is something that can be overcome in the future.