PDA

View Full Version : Future plans?

MarcusM
05-19-2012, 01:27 PM
There is any info in space what is next step in LightWave development?

NewTek seems to be dangerous quiet. I have hope that TriCaster and 3Play don't push LW in to background to much.

Another thing is visible long time job announcement for 3D software engineer on NT website. Is so hard to find somebody to team? LW team is growing? There is a lot of cars in front of New Tek company in google street view :)

And upgrading by internet, when, if ever?

roboman
05-20-2012, 11:22 AM
The job listing looks like the type of job a company like Newtek is always looking to fill and add to the team. One of those things where a person who fits and wants the job is nearly always welcome, but doesn't come along every day.

Maybe Newtek is quiet because of all the other times they weren't :)

I wouldn't take the google street view to mean any thing, except how many cars just happened to be there at the moment the pictures were taken. The one of my house is around 4 years old and the cat in the window has been buried in the back yard for 3 years.

Philbert
05-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Remember that Rob Powers specifically said they were going to be quiet until things are ready for release. So not hearing anything isn't good or bad.

JonW
05-20-2012, 03:50 PM
There is a lot of cars in front of New Tek company in google street view :)

Our street view is roughly 3 years old. A few people have died & properties have been sold since then!

jasonwestmas
05-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Development of Lightwave has always been ambiguous to me regardless of how much information Newtek gives us. So not sure this newer position that newtek is taking means anything really.

Silkrooster
05-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Seams like every time Newtek decides to make anything public before release date, it ends up haunting them. Someone is out there lurking in the shadows waiting, just waiting for that announcement. then POUNCE!!!

probiner
05-21-2012, 12:16 AM
So it's pancakes season again hun? :D

Anyway, curiosity about LW is a good sign though.

Silkrooster
05-21-2012, 12:29 AM
So it's pancakes season again hun? :D

Anyway, curiosity about LW is a good sign though.
True, so true.

Snosrap
05-21-2012, 06:45 AM
That job posting has been up there for a least a year now. No new names have showed up in the About LW, so I have to assume that it hasn't been filled. Makes one wonder.