PDA

View Full Version : Displacement Deform

HolyMonkey-
05-18-2012, 10:51 AM
This node always used to work, all of a sudden it does nada...... Why? Everything is realisticly scaled.. Anyone had this issue before?

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=104447&stc=1&d=1337359822

PS: An endomorph is just another name for Morph in modeller?

Sensei
05-18-2012, 11:42 AM
PS: An endomorph is just another name for Morph in modeller?

Yes.

HolyMonkey-
05-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Yes.

You are smart, help me solve my other problem!!! D:

and is it possible to edit a endomorph using two objects, as long as they have the same vertex count? Cuz I cant figure out a way on how to replace them in the morph channel without deleting the original..

Sensei
05-18-2012, 12:27 PM
You are smart, help me solve my other problem!!! D:

How can I? Without ever seeing this plugin..

If it doesn't work in any scene - maybe readd plugins..

If it works in one, and not works in second - find difference between scenes, and it'll be solution.

and is it possible to edit a endomorph using two objects, as long as they have the same vertex count? Cuz I cant figure out a way on how to replace them in the morph channel without deleting the original..

There are commands: Apply Morph and Bg to Morph. To transfer morphs between objects.

Morph is just specialized case of weight map with 3 values per vertex..

HolyMonkey-
05-18-2012, 12:33 PM
How can I? Without ever seeing this plugin..

If it doesn't work in any scene - maybe readd plugins..

If it works in one, and not works in second - find difference between scenes, and it'll be solution.

There are commands: Apply Morph and Bg to Morph. To transfer morphs between objects.

Morph is just specialized case of weight map with 3 values per vertex..

Where are these commands? more details :D and the displacement node doesnt work no matter what I do even if I add a regular built in procedural from LW

Sensei
05-18-2012, 12:42 PM
In Modeler..

HolyMonkey-
05-18-2012, 12:46 PM
In Modeler..

^^ oh its right there under map... sweet!

prometheus
05-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Where are these commands? more details :D and the displacement node doesnt work no matter what I do even if I add a regular built in procedural from LW

works fine here...what lightwave version are you using?
64 or 32 bit?
and what hot ocean version are you using?

check and uncheck the node editor check box in the displacement tab a couple of times, and make sure it is checked lastly.

how is the standard displacement mapping working?

looks like something is wrong with the node editor or somehow de activated if you do not get even standard procedurals working within the node edito.
As mentioned check the standard displacements and procedurals first.

can you get hot ocean to work if you use the add displacement/hot ocean directly instead of going through the node editor?

Michael

prometheus
05-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I do suspect you might have a quite large geometry thou, and that the hot ocean scaling doesn´t match or something..

try with some basic settings mentioned in the hot ocean manual, a 50 meter ocean geometry divided by 50 segments. and the global scale set to 50 meter..

if you were to use 1000 meter, you would have to divide it by 1000 segments and set a global scale to 1000 meter too.

Michael

HolyMonkey-
05-22-2012, 10:00 AM
I do suspect you might have a quite large geometry thou, and that the hot ocean scaling doesn´t match or something..

try with some basic settings mentioned in the hot ocean manual, a 50 meter ocean geometry divided by 50 segments. and the global scale set to 50 meter..

if you were to use 1000 meter, you would have to divide it by 1000 segments and set a global scale to 1000 meter too.

Michael

I fixed the issue by centering the plane to the origins of the modeller document, however I have other issues such as if I switch light to Area light, the area light icon disappears as soon as I have any objects in my scene. I suspect LW has taken a blow, have alot of plugins installed perhaps that might make it a bit dizzy.

prometheus
05-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I fixed the issue by centering the plane to the origins of the modeller document, however I have other issues such as if I switch light to Area light, the area light icon disappears as soon as I have any objects in my scene. I suspect LW has taken a blow, have alot of plugins installed perhaps that might make it a bit dizzy.

That might be due to the display settings and grid square size you are using, might wan´t to tweak that when dealing with large scale scenes.

Michael