PDA

View Full Version : 7.5c Plugin errors

problemchild
10-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Any one else had problems with certain native and third party plugins working with ver. 7.5c

specifically:

object replacement in layout
random points in modeler

darksim's simbiont.

Plugins work in 7.5, but with the c upgrade, they are not recognized and tis no good adding them.

using Win XP

cheers and thanks in advance

-r

gjjackson
10-24-2003, 11:09 AM
There does seem to be some problems with plugins working with 7.5c . That's why I went back to 7.5 . There are some updates to plugins for the new version but not all. I haven't seen enough improvements in the new version to warrant keeping it. With v8 that will probably change.

ursa
10-24-2003, 12:30 PM
hmmmm
they bith work fine here
7.5c runnin on XP

ursa

problemchild
10-24-2003, 04:44 PM
That's how I'm seeing things right now. With 8 around the corner, I'm not worrying too much, but as I know very well some folks are not having problems, like ursa.

If these were universal bugs they'd be easy to take care of. Newtek would be happy to fix it promptly, but everyone seems to suffer from little bugs that pop on some machines and not others, not just a LW issue.

The Object Sequence plug came to my attention because I'm demo testing realFlow and this plug is critical. So I rolled back to 7.5 and checked some other plugs that had been cranky adn what do you, things are good, cept. now I've revisted by a bug that plagued me with 7.5 before. Sometimes LW just crashes - the sudden quiet kind, where you're staring at the desktop screen and it's acting like, "I didn't see anyone using LW, must have been your imagination."

Something weird about how thingsa re configured on my end. Maybe a plugs problem with the dual processors. Who knows, but good to hear both someone having a problem and someone not. In the end, things get worked out.

Here's to a fresh install with 8.

cheers

problemchild
10-24-2003, 05:33 PM
I read in an old post that installing 7.5c to save folder as 7.5 can cause mix-ups with the plugins.

Someone seen this and can confirm it solves some of the plug-in problems some folks have with 7.5c?

cheers