PDA

View Full Version : Stereo (Anaglyph) Lens Flare Bug

DrStrik9
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Is this known?

Render any volumetric light with lens flare in anaglyph, and the light and volumetrics are rendered properly for stereo, but NOT the lens flare. I understand lens flare is a post-render image process, but stereo should take its position into consideration for stereo, based on the position of its light. Currently the flare is rendered in the exact same position for both L & R images. :(

I can fogbugz this if it isn't a known bug.

shrox
05-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Is this known?

Render any volumetric light with lens flare in anaglyph, and the light and volumetrics are rendered properly for stereo, but NOT the lens flare. I understand lens flare is a post-render image process, but stereo should take its position into consideration for stereo, based on the position of its light. Currently the flare is rendered in the exact same position for both L & R images. :(

I can fogbugz this if it isn't a known bug.

Lens flares don't work properly with some of the real lens settings either. Fisheye is way off.

DrStrik9
05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Lens flares don't work properly with some of the real lens settings either. Fisheye is way off.

Yeah, flares are easy to forget, being a post-render process. But each stereo frame is rendered separately, so flares "should" at least work with stereo. I'm fogbugzing it. (if that wasn't a word, it is now.) :)

shrox
05-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah, flares are easy to forget, being a post-render process. But each stereo frame is rendered separately, so flares "should" at least work with stereo. I'm fogbugzing it. (if that wasn't a word, it is now.) :)

Good man.