PDA

View Full Version : DP kit usage: Masking?

Ryan Roye
05-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Since I lack decent compositing software, I've been experimenting with the DP kit to help bridge the gap easier and one thing has me stumped: Isolating the DP kit's applications to a single object or its surfaces via masking. I only seem to be able to apply it to the entire image.

My first thought was to try using the "Mask Objects" or "Mask Surfaces" options, but I must be missing a required step as plugging it in just results in either a black image or no change. I can get things like Blur and tone map to work fine by running the render buffer through the color layers, but the usage of the masking options and things like DOF elude me (I understand DOF's parameters, but can't seem to apply it through DP kit). I also can't seem to locate this "ObjectID" node that is shown on the DP website...

Am I looking at the wrong tools or something?

jeric_synergy
05-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Have you checked out Blender's built-in noda compositor?

Ryan Roye
05-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Have you checked out Blender's built-in noda compositor?

No idea that Blender had it, I'll check it out... I have used blender like a "plugin" before. Still, I wouldn't mind having a way to quickly get mask image sequences for multiple objects at a time... I noticed DP kit has render buffers and can make 1 render output multiple images using multiple parameters through nodes... hmm...

jeric_synergy
05-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Since I lack decent compositing software, I've been experimenting with the DP kit to help bridge the gap easier and one thing has me stumped: Isolating the DP kit's applications to a single object or its surfaces via masking. I only seem to be able to apply it to the entire image.
Now that part looks like a job for "Special Buffers".